With so many good sounding pedals, have you made a 2nd pedal board?

jblake

Silver Supporting Member
I have a PT Jr in my office and a PT-1 at the rehearsal space. Pedals get rotated on and off of both boards infrequently.

rumstove

I have a PT Pro for my main board and another smaller board. I'm putting together a third board but need to build a few more patch cables.

ry-guy

Currently have two boards.
1st board is all drives, fuzz, volume, tuner, one delay before drive.
2nd board is mixer with mono delays and looper, then all stereo effects, mod, delay and verb into stereo looper.

much fun

zhivago

In my defence, one is for particular sounds I need for a music project/band I am in, and the other is just to play along to my favourite records.

Kennyscrown

Several years ago I had a rant on these very pages about multiple pedal boards, and swore I would never ever make a grab'n'go board.

In my naivety I thought no one should ever have more than 2 pedal board - studio/live.

Of course it's nothing to do with me how many pedals boards people have, and I love seeing everyone's amazing set-ups.

I'm beginning to the see the value in a small modular set-up, so when I play out I don't have t take everything with me. I have a Metro 20 as my board, so pretty compact, but I'm thinking of adding a selection of noise-making, loopy-bloopy pedals on a nano, that can patch in to my main board, but so I can take out only what I need for rehearsals, gigs and projects.

I'm always on the look-out for similar set-ups, to see how they work.

Currently have two boards.
1st board is all drives, fuzz, volume, tuner, one delay before drive.
2nd board is mixer with mono delays and looper, then all stereo effects, mod, delay and verb into stereo looper.

much fun
It's the hardware equivalent to the four cable method (4CM) on the modeling side of the house. :cool:

Buck Woodson

Silver Supporting Member
I have 3 of the smaller Aclam pedalboards that serve different amps and purposes. One serves my Diezel VH4, Marshall DSL100HR, Orange CR120H, Metropoulos DVL-1, and Metropoulos Super-Plex. I can ad hoc stereo rig any two out of this amp group for stereo. I have a couple of pedals off to the side and that goes for all 3 pedalboards.

A second pedalboard serves my Mesa Boogie JP-2C and Mesa Boogie JP-2C stereo rig.

A third pedalboard serves dirt pedals for my three smaller bedroom amps. They are a Vox AC30, a Friedman Mini Dirty Shirley, and a tweed Champ.

For the last several weeks I've been using my new Strymon TimeLine and BigSky stereo into the Vox and the Friedman, both off to the side on top of an unused speaker cabinet so I can tweak and audition different combinations of programs for these two wonderful pedals. I could conceivably make use of 3 additional boards, crazy.

Last edited:

stargazer747

I always seem to have the need for at least 3 pedalboards and there's always one or 2 pedals laying around that makes me think to want to buy some more FX pedals and build another board for them. And I tend to want each board to have its own theme...

Boutique "Space" themed ambient board

"Vintage" inspired board

Fly-Rig ultra-portable board

Last edited:

markmann

I have a main board and I will put together a separate board for recording projects but I made my main board easy to change out pedals for when I want to use something different.

Will Little

Silver Supporting Member
I have 2 main boards. One is direct one is front of amp, so they serve different roles.
I also have a mini board that I use for stripped down rehearsal or to complement one of the larger boards

carl_in_vain

I had a very hard time let
I had a very hard time letting go of the Grand Orbiter phaser. I did a shootout with the MXR 95 and the 95 won because the tone of it blended with the original guitar sound better, even with the Grand Orbiter at 100 wet. It does not take away that I still love the pedal which offers much more flexibility than the MXR and its built quality is excellent. I just had to choose one over the other. This is why if I had a other board with the Grand Orbiter I would have the best of both worlds. Same thing with the Waza delay and chorus. I love both pedals but the SD Vapor Trials and Catalina won out in a shootout but I still appreciate the Waza pedals a lot.
I was surprised at how much I liked the mini MXR phaser, but the controls of the GO won out at the end of the day. The only thing that would make the GO a 10/10 is if they could add a tap tempo switch while keeping the enclosure from growing to the size of the Pyramids phaser.

I tried a Chase Bliss Wombtone MK II and loved that it had a smaller size with a tap switch, but I'm just not into modulation enough to throw that much money down for a used phaser.