Wizard MCII

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
I keep being intrigued by the MC II. The online clips are insane. I have emailed Rick before, and he was pleasant. Definitely pricy amps.

bbaug14

Silver Supporting Member
If you are looking for an M-style and Wizard is out of the equation now, you should check out Morris. Made in Canada as well, equal in tone/construction/etc. (tone is subjective of course), and Glen will talk your ear off.

I’ve had 5 Wizards at this point over the years. Still have a MCII. I also have a Perplex’d. If I had to pick one it would be the Perplex’d all day for my needs. More vintage sounding, but hits just as hard. He has other models that are probably more in the Wizard camp as well (tight/raw/bright/uncompressed/etc).

bobbtoz

Silver Supporting Member
If you are looking for an M-style and Wizard is out of the equation now, you should check out Morris. Made in Canada as well, equal in tone/construction/etc. (tone is subjective of course), and Glen will talk your ear off.

I’ve had 5 Wizards at this point over the years. Still have a MCII. I also have a Perplex’d. If I had to pick one it would be the Perplex’d all day for my needs. More vintage sounding, but hits just as hard. He has other models that are probably more in the Wizard camp as well (tight/raw/bright/uncompressed/etc).

Couldn't agree more. I'm blown away by my Morris '69/70 muscle. I vastly prefer this over my previous Wizard MTL. I'm shocked there isn't much talk about Morris amps.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Couldn't agree more. I'm blown away by my Morris '69/70 muscle. I vastly prefer this over my previous Wizard MTL. I'm shocked there isn't much talk about Morris amps.

I've heard 1 guy who owned 2 MOrris's that really hated them.. I've heard about 20 other guys over the years who loved them. . I'd love for 1 of the vetaran Marshall afficiando guys to start posting on here PROS AND CONS, as I've always loved the sound of the cips going back almost 15 years. ..I've completely got those tones covered with a boatload of my amps, but still I get sucked in. haha

The thing here that blows me away on these forums is how easily people can buy what their forum friend buys. But it's the greatest and easiest marketing mechanism for any ampbuilder , effect-builder ever. When I worked in custom guitar sales in the 1980's I definitely timed that totally wrong!

Eric

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
I've heard 1 guy who owned 2 MOrris's that really hated them.. I've heard about 20 other guys over the years who loved them. . I'd love for 1 of the vetaran Marshall afficiando guys to start posting on here PROS AND CONS, as I've always loved the sound of the cips going back almost 15 years. ..I've completely got those tones covered with a boatload of my amps, but still I get sucked in. haha

The thing here that blows me away on these forums is how easily people can buy what their forum friend buys. But it's the greatest and easiest marketing mechanism for any ampbuilder , effect-builder ever. When I worked in custom guitar sales in the 1980's I definitely timed that totally wrong!

Eric
TGP gets us sucked in and gives us gas.
I am not surprised one would find 10% who don’t like a particular amp when 90% dig it.
I just started looking at Morris, there are a huge number of clips with different guitars being used, plenty of info, if I do get interested I will call him. The price on it seems competitive with most builders in that type of amps.
Getting sucked in ain’t a bad thing Eric :)

willie k

Gold Supporting Member
If I am ordering a somewhat custom amp from a small builder, I expect to talk with said builder. That is part of the personalization of the thing. If I am buying an amp from someone who sells in massive numbers, (Fender, Marshall, etc) and really doesn’t customize anything, I understand the lack of time-wasting communication. Basically, “this is what we sell. You want one?” I can see how that works. Amazon has millions of customers, but it is still possible to reach customer service over the phone.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
TGP gets us sucked in and gives us gas.
I am not surprised one would find 10% who don’t like a particular amp when 90% dig it.
I just started looking at Morris, there are a huge number of clips with different guitars being used, plenty of info, if I do get interested I will call him. The price on it seems competitive with most builders in that type of amps.
Getting sucked in ain’t a bad thing Eric :)

Don't get sucked in by someone else. 1 of the first things I remember my parents taught me was the cliche "If my best friend jumped off the empire state building, would you do it?" ALSO, I am VERY surprised at the guy who hated the Morris's compared to the others who loved them. I kinda analyze people's abilities and situations over the years on here and rigtalk , and it was way out of line with his normal posting patterns. As for the 'G.A.S. situation since the mid 90's (lol), best thing I've done to discipline myself is ask myself if I already have those kinds of tones and features when I hear something I love. 99% of the time I do, and then say "Why should I get this then"? It didn't stop me, but definitely slowed me down. Good luck, and I know you're just discovering Wizard and Morris, but there have been clips and posts for many years on them both and they both sound killer to me

Eric

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
Don't get sucked in by someone else. 1 of the first things I remember my parents taught me was the cliche "If my best friend jumped off the empire state building, would you do it?" ALSO, I am VERY surprised at the guy who hated the Morris's compared to the others who loved them. I kinda analyze people's abilities and situations over the years on here and rigtalk , and it was way out of line with his normal posting patterns. As for the 'G.A.S. situation since the mid 90's (lol), best thing I've done to discipline myself is ask myself if I already have those kinds of tones and features when I hear something I love. 99% of the time I do, and then say "Why should I get this then"? It didn't stop me, but definitely slowed me down. Good luck, and I know you're just discovering Wizard and Morris, but there have been clips and posts for many years on them both and they both sound killer to me

Eric
I admire your strong discipline Eric. Yeah just discovering some of these, I have been content for years as I own a significant number of Marshall amps and other Marshall type Amps. It’s every so often that we want to add to the collection and maybe sell something. So I am at that stage, have not purchased a Marshall type amp in quite sometime now, I have been chasing the Dumble tones. I like both the Wizard and Morris and am still researching to see what else is out there. I started a thread on it and some new boutique names popped up that I hadn’t heard of. A mutual friend of ours digs Dr. Dan , so am going to look at those too.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member

I recall a few years ago you posted the Morris amp you had bought, it was at the time when George was doing his new Metropoulos line of amps, and I did not check on Morris, I should have, great product.

Shiva

I recall a few years ago you posted the Morris amp you had bought, it was at the time when George was doing his new Metropoulos line of amps, and I did not check on Morris, I should have, great product.

There are a lot of great builders and great amps out there, but Morris is just next level for me, particularly the XSIII model. For my tastes, it just doesn't get any better.

Hefalump

Does this Wizard guy have the Snapchat or the FaceTime? Will he do any other form of communication on the line?
Nope.

no-time-busy.gif

Trending Topics

Top Bottom