1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

WMA Files Work in a Post?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by digthosetubes, May 11, 2008.

1. digthosetubes

digthosetubes Senior Member

Will WMA Files Work in a Post?

Is there a good free site where I can post them?

I can make decent WAV and WMA files but can't seem to find a simple way to convert them to MP3.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

2. cram

cram Member

yes, if you provide a link to it most everyone will be able to play the file after downloading it.
    I use domains that I am admin on through personal or private use.
    There are several filesharing sites I have seen, but most come with a cost to transfer bandwidth like that.

3. digthosetubes

digthosetubes Senior Member

Thanks. I have two WMA files totaling 1:30 that I want to include in a review post -- so I guess I am looking to find a free site like photobucket but for sound clips.

Any help out there?

Thank you.

4. UMT

UMT Member

If you want a simple way to convert WAV/WMA (and almost all others) to MP3, (and/or back again) take a look at Media Monkey. Google it, it's easy to find.