1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

WMB vs BOR

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeyST, Jun 12, 2008.

1. MikeyST

MikeyST Member

Anyone ever own both workingmans blues and Box of rock.
    Through a clean amp
    Pretty similar?

2. d-b

d-b Member

Bumpidy

I know I have seen these compared...

3. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

I have.
    You can (and should) dial out the bass in the WMB. It appears zvex didn't take this into account in the BOR. Also, the WMB has a wider sweet spot on the boost (it's not so touchy). I find it more amp-like too. More control. WMB can be great for JTM dirty clean as well. Both good, WMB better IMO.

4. spookyelectric

spookyelectric Supporting Member

The WMB had a weird midrange to it, at least w/ my setup (a Bassman RI) that compressed alot like a Boss OD-3 (which I don't like), and this was regardless of where the "sag" knob was set.

5. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Good, it's not just me then. I haven't tried the WMB, but this is exactly how I've felt about the Blue Collar and Red Snapper and is why I sold them. Something about the mids I couldn't dial out.