WMD Gieger Counter is calling to me. Whats the verdict here?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by john l, Feb 15, 2012.

1. john l

john l Member

Just wondering how usuable this thing actually is. From the demos Ive heard it sounds like it can be just as unusable as it can be cool. Do you need a pretty clean platform or does it work well into a dirtier amp too? Big box or Civillian Issue? Anyone know of a Dealer in LA/OC.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

I sold mine(big box). It's just as unusable as it is cool.

The lack of presets is kind of a bummer since there are SO many waveforms and a lot of parameters. I'm finding I prefer pedals with 4 knobs or less. :lol:

3. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

There are some good guitar textures there. Or you can use it totally overpower your sound. Whichever you want. It's hard to get it to sound "clean" though. You'd have to set the gain suuuuuuuuper low, and turn up the volume...which creates some potential noise issues.

CI is basically a small number presets/pre-defined settings. There are 100s of presets on the big box, and parameters that can be tweaked. There is also a cv input for modulating parameters.

New proto one has midi, gate, trem, and...I THINK presets? Definitely looking forward to that.

4. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

I loved it when I had it. I shouldn't have sold it, and intend to get it again some day. Lots of details and more discussions in past threads.

5. john l

john l Member

Socal Dealers...?