• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Wolfetone Dr Vintage - Gibson 59RI - FuchsODS50

hottub

messin around a little with a backing and microsoft movie maker. just popped an early set of Dr V's in and took her for a ride. Added some delay in the mix. It's your basic 59RI, Fuchs ODS50 SLX and the Dr V's with A2 mags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN80dPGKtEY

:horse

Last edited:

buddyboy

Platinum Supporting Member
sounded great! btw, how does one create one of these u-tube vids with the separate audio track playing in sync with the vid? i always have to rely on my camcorder mic, which sounds pretty poor. i want to improve my vids to the level that you achieved.

hottub

hey thanks for checking it out guys!

buddyboy
I'm probably only a couple months into that sort of editing, but what I found is that MS Moviemaker or other similar software package allows you to import an audio file. So basically I import the .wav file and sync it up with the movie, and then mute the camcorder's audio track. Sync-ing up can be a challenge but not too bad. You basically 'nudge' the audio right or left to get it to where it looks and sounds correct. Even still I can see that on the above video, my 'sync'-ing is just a tad off.

koa

Silver Supporting Member
That was beautiful, thanks for sharing. I take it you're digging those pickups? I keep toying with the idea of swapping out the stock pup's in my McCarty.

davetcan

Hey Tub, nice furnace;)

Really liked the take. Great tone and very interesting note selection. Your playing has really progressed from the old LPF days, wish I could say the same. :cry:

buddyboy

Platinum Supporting Member
hey thanks for checking it out guys!

buddyboy
I'm probably only a couple months into that sort of editing, but what I found is that MS Moviemaker or other similar software package allows you to import an audio file. So basically I import the .wav file and sync it up with the movie, and then mute the camcorder's audio track. Sync-ing up can be a challenge but not too bad. You basically 'nudge' the audio right or left to get it to where it looks and sounds correct. Even still I can see that on the above video, my 'sync'-ing is just a tad off.

thanks - does movie maker allow you to mute the camcorder audio? I don't think i can mute it on my camera itself.

hottub

thanks guys!

daveT....long time man! hope all is well. that furnace can be annoying when it kicks in and your trying to record something...LOL!

buddyboy,
yep, Movie Maker allows you to mute the camcorder audio.

Trending Topics