Wolfetone Dr Vintage pups and WCR wiring!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Tallhorses, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Tallhorses

Tallhorses Member

Just installed my Wolfetone Dr Vintage pups and they are awesome. Got to give props to Jim at WCR too...since I used his vintage wiring set. Both great guys... Glad that they're out there making such superior products...
    Check out Wolfe's new aged pickup covers... He recently changed his process so they're a bit more subtle and realistic.

[​IMG]

2. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

tell us more about the tone of the Dr. V's!

3. Tallhorses

Tallhorses Member

Nice clean tones and screams with my OD pedals (BOR and Keeley Blues Driver)...no mush at all in the neck...the bottom end stays together nicely. I'm playing through a Victorilux, 3 x 10, 6l6's... There's a little honk where you want it. So far so good.... The wiring kit makes all the difference when you use the volume knob as much as I do.

4. Macleod

Macleod Member

Very glad to hear you're liking the new aging method. I've had to get away from chemical/acid aging as much as possible...it's rusting everything that fumes settle on, and burns the lungs quite badly if inhaled (not to mention skin melting off...) The one thing I'm not entirely happy with is that it doesn't take to adding the string lines very well..but that's OK I think because they'll "grow" fairly quickly.

Just wait till I get the first batch of new covers I'm going to be using soon....nicer than the DMC covers, and made locally to boot...

5. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

Wolfe -

I'm biased but my vote goes for your regular raw covers....man,they age up so very nicely in just no time at all. Of course it's whats under them that counts ;)

Steve E