Wolfgang special inbound

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by prkaye, Feb 8, 2012.

1. prkaye

prkaye Member

Well it looks like I found a buyer for my PRS so I ordered a Wolfgang Special in Tobacco Burst from Sweetwater. Should have it tomorrow or Friday!
    I've never owned a guitar with a Floyd, although the kind of music I'm playing these days lends itself to that. I'm also really looking forward to the D-Tuna - several of the VH songs I want to learn are in Dropped-D.

2. andyk

andyk Supporting Member

Good luck, and enjoy. The Floyd is a tricky animal - but luckily there is plenty of info online to help you if you encounter problems.

PS- If you change the strings, make sure you put something under the Floyd to dive it and keep it that way, or else it will pop up and scare the crap out of you - and be hard to put back without removing the springs.

3. paulscape

paulscape Member

4. Gitarman

Gitarman Member

The other guitar player in my cover band has a Wolfgang special... great guitar!

[​IMG]

5. prkaye

prkaye Member

A couple of days with the Wolfgang Special, and I'm quite happy. As posted on other threads, I had a neck alignment adjustment to make (on a brand new guitar :( ) and I want to add another spring to the trem, but it plays very nicely. I'm growing fond of the unfinished neck. The graphite rods make a huge difference with solid intonation all over the neck (this was an issue that always bugged me with my PRS - slight flex in the neck from hand pressure would cause subtle intonation issues). I love the vintage stainless steel frets.
    My only complaint is that when sitting i'm accustomed to resting my forearm on the upper edge of the body of the guitar. On my PRS this was comfortable because the edge was rounded. On the Wolfgang there is a fairly tight edge here, and after a while i could feel it digging into my forearm. I guess I'll have to start getting used to holding my picking arm in a different position.

6. acwild

acwild Member

That's the reason that I sold the Peavey version. As much as I loved the guitar, it really bothered my forearm. I thought I could get used to it but it just didn't work out.

7. Cylon

Cylon Senior Member

yeah wtf it's 2012 every guitar should have a forearm contour