Wonder what music SRV would be playing now

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by effectsman, Feb 19, 2012.

1. effectsman

effectsman Supporting Member

I'm watching a doco about Jimi Hendrix and it's actually making me wonder about SRV. I miss his music every so often and go and re-visit it. I found his stuff more accessible for me than Hendrix. I went through a real Hendrix phase but don't miss it from time to time like I do SRV's stuff.

Wonder how he would have continued to develop as a player, especially as he had seemed to conquer his alcohol demons?

The world lost a good guy...

2. ~sounddjinn~

~sounddjinn~ Member

He was just starting to really dive into song writing during "In Step" I think he would have continued to write more, and explore other American styles of music. Possibly some ethnic styles as well, maybe Latin music.

3. Jazzydave

Jazzydave Seeker Silver Supporting Member

I've read so much about SRV and I've always thought he would have moved towards a jazzier sound. I've heard in interviews that he was getting into more orchestrated music...big band, horns, Memphis soul sound.

I'd love to hear what was running through his heart...he was so much more than a guitar player. That's what set him apart and why so many guitarists may be able to cop the sound, but they'll never be SRV.

4. gmann

gmann Member

Texas shuffles probably, and I mean that in the best possible sense. He might've done some jazzier stuff, I'd like to think he would have branched out a little and played with some different people, stretchin' himself a little bit but I imagine he would always come back to what got him there, Blues. The stuff on In Step was mind boggling to me, I always wonder what next? He'd probably be doin' stuff with his brother too as well. You can only wonder.

5. KennethC

KennethC Member

SRV would probably have been featured on at least one of John Mayer's albums by now, and joined him in his quest to bring the blues to the pop world.

6. tnvol

tnvol Supporting Member

He would still be playing that same Texas Flood solo over and over.

7. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

that's weird, i have like 20 live cds of him and not one of them has the same solo for texas flood