• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Won't Get Fooled Again - How to mimic the sequencer parts???

dirtyguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Anybody? I think we're going to cover this and I'm looking for a toy that will let me "fake" it in a practical way on the gig.

Anyone tried to fudge it with a seek-wah or some other goodie?

Results?

Thanks-

dg

chrisr0712

Have you heard the Van Halen version off of Live: Right Here, Right Now?
No effects. Not quite like the original, but very passable.

-analog-

Try the Moog MurF - will take only a few moments to dial in that sound :)

the seek wah really wouldnt sound the same due to it having the wrong envolope style.

I'm 90% sure that the original track was cut with a lowrey organ and a tremolo. You could use those :) hehe.

jaywalker

I use a square wave trem with a phazer and a flanger and a drummer who can play in time with the two.

rah3

It's easy to take the part off the CD as audio before the drums come in. Place it in an audio editor and extend the length based on beat matching. Burn it to a CD and use a Discman with volume pedal jacked into an amp.

-RAH3

Teahead

That clip of Pete is from the Classic Albums series for the album, Who's Next.
To dirtyguitar, the Seek Wah doesn't really get there, the Seek Trem is a better option, perhaps with some added filtering to get you even closer. But a hard, choppy trem is a great starting point.

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
Out of curiosity, what are the chords to that intro? Most sites don't seem to have it, probably because most people don't try to play it.

Have you heard the Van Halen version off of Live: Right Here, Right Now?
No effects. Not quite like the original, but very passable.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Someone else said to use your fingers instead of a pick also. I heard Cowboy Mouth cover this once and that's how they did it.

Trending Topics