Wooden Sound Acoustic Simulator

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Telecasteur, May 7, 2015.

1. Telecasteur

Telecasteur Member

I left out the name "Joyo", because it might turn some people off to an otherwise magical pedal.

I'd really like to hear demos with single coils..

2. KoskineN

KoskineN Supporting Member

Sounds like a Boss AC-2 or 3 clone.

3. Telecasteur

Telecasteur Member

Lol, wow. I love how you assume it's a clone. Did you even listen to it? This pedal has a 3-band EQ.

4. apalazzolo

apalazzolo Supporting Member

Don't tell me ... you've never actually played an acoustic guitar before have you?

I do like that little knob cover though ... rock on Joyo!

5. KoskineN

KoskineN Supporting Member

Well, I use to own a Boss AC-2 and also the Mooer clone, and this one sounds pretty much the same. But I agree that the EQ might be better here, but still,
    it sounds thin compared to a real acoustic.

6. Telecasteur

Telecasteur Member

Did I say it sounds exactly like a real acoustic? Don't tell me ... You've never played in a mix before.

Look how easy it is to be condescending!

7. CEFlint

CEFlint Member

Not to sound condescending, but I've played in a mix many times. Live and studio. Usually with a Taylor or Martin in the studio and my Godin A6 Ultra for live work because of the low feedback and 2nd output for electric.

I have not played the Joyo , but I've tried the Boss and the Mooer. Liked the Mooer a bit better, but no longer have either. I do have a Zoom MS50G. I find these pedals do better with single coils rather than humbuckers, as demoed in both videos.

IMHO, and from the computer playback, this pedal will get you by playing chords, but for lead work it is seriously lacking. My Zoom will do as good or better acoustic chords, but I don't use it (really like the Godin thru the board).

However, I do like the 3 band EQ, knob cover and size. For the price ($68), it's probably as good as anything in its price range. As I recall, maybe as good as the Boss. I think the Mooer sounds better.

8. Steven

Steven Member

Seems like a great little tool for covering some acoustic sounds live. I have only tried the AC-3 before and I wasnt to happy with how it sounded. Maybe this one does a better job, it certainly sounds good in the demos (not Martin with great mikes in the studio good but piezo acoustic in the mix live good).

9. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Member

Are pedals of this type useful for tweaking the signal from a piezo bridge on a solidbody electric?

10. apalazzolo

apalazzolo Supporting Member

No, but you did describe it as "magical" and both of the videos examples you gave were solo ... no mix to be had or suggested.

But I understand you better now: this pedal sounds better when you can't hear it and it will make you money disappear like magic.

I'll take two.

11. snouter

snouter Member

:p

I had a Boss Acoustic Simulator back in the day. Just EQs are the guts out of the signal. As far as those demos with humbuckers, if the guitars where wired Series-Split-Parallel & Master Series-Parallel, etc. you could get better acoustic type, more detailed less fat sounds than full on humbuckers, but still nothing like an acoustic guitar.

12. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Member

I'm sure Mooer's extensive R&D wing spent years designing this totally new and revolutionary circuit... after they got bored of cloning every other pedal out there.

13. Telecasteur

Telecasteur Member

Just go away. The guy in the first vid talks about people like you. Just can't be satisfied.

This pedal is cheaper, smaller, sounds better, has a knob guard, has a better EQ than the Boss acoustic simulators. What more do you want? Holy hell.