• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Worst album cover?

Grun

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know if I would call it the worst, the competition being quite stiff shall we say, but I have always been puzzled by the Rolling Stones 'Let it Bleed' cover (front and back).

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
How much more black can this be?
And the answer is "none more black"-- which reminds me that there was a prototype of a Menatone distortion pedal under the NMB moniker. Wonder if that is going to come out any time soon...

Wooley

I gotta be honest, I actually think this is kind of clever for severely low-brow:

I mean, c'mon, "up at the crack"?! That's funny.

Scott Auld

Administrator
Staff member
The Blind Faith album with the naked pubescent girl on the cover...
I never quite understood their logic on picking that cover.

While I don't think its the worst.

I do think it might be one of the weirdest/confusing.
Wow---this was the very first cover that came to my mind! For a successful bunch of musicians, it was a ridiculous cover.
The Blind Faith cover has an amazing story of artistic meaning behind it, for anyone with the initiative to look for it and the interest to read it. When you know the whole story it becomes more sensible.

Calling something confusing is at least honest. Calling it ridiculous just demonstrates a lack of depth and understanding.

Rob Sharer

Muso-Luthier
TF is a treasure trove. I must confess, this next one is actually in my personal LP collection...

Trending Topics