Worst album covers?

It's the badly-drawn artwork covers that always get me. Like "johnny always gets straight As in his art classes, hey - let him draw your band's album cover!"

:facepalm

There's one metal album cover (BATTLEAXE, #10 on this page: http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/worst-album-covers ) online of some dude on a highly-detailed motorcycle and the illustrator can't even draw the circular wheels in perspective - but worries about reflection details...

:facepalm

Misterbulbous

I think it would be more interesting if there was a particular threshold for sales volume on these bad covers. For example "bad album covers that have sold over 100,000 units". So many of these same covers for unknown mom and pop bands show up each time. To me it's more baffling when you see a band as huge as VH issue something as lame as this: (and yeah, I know the commodores or some other group had a nearly identical cover.

Datsyuk

Sorry, but posting this just to make fun of it just isn't cool, IMHO.
I thought TGP had a "no musician bashing" policy anyways?

What if Ken is a member here? Think he'll want to post here after seeing this thread?
I don't get why dumping on Mayer or Taylor Swift or Joe Bonamassa is frowned upon, but somehow the anti-Kennites get a pass????:huh

At least Ken is out there, making music and living the dream, instead of posting KLON threads and pictures of his R9 all day.

Man, sometimes this place is just whacked.
I'm happy it was posted. The guy didn't say a single damn thing good or bad. Ken released a record...now I'm aware of it...you're totally over the top. I clicked, I listened...what's so terrible about that?

flume

Platinum Supporting Member
Thank you for having the nerve to throw a harpoon and puncture one of the holy cows. This was an insult to the great legacy of VH album covers--I'm not even discussing the musical content! Fair Warning especially...made you think a little bit about what's inside. This does not. And there's nothing New York about VH for the love of Christ.

I think it would be more interesting if there was a particular threshold for sales volume on these bad covers. For example "bad album covers that have sold over 100,000 units". So many of these same covers for unknown mom and pop bands show up each time. To me it's more baffling when you see a band as huge as VH issue something as lame as this: (and yeah, I know the commodores or some other group had a nearly identical cover.

What if Ken is a member here? Think he'll want to post here after seeing this thread?
I don't get why dumping on Mayer or Taylor Swift or Joe Bonamassa is frowned upon, but somehow the anti-Kennites get a pass????:huh

At least Ken is out there, making music and living the dream, instead of posting KLON threads and pictures of his R9 all day.

are you Ken?

Frankee

Wartime Consigliere

You *almost* had me.

Misterbulbous

Thank you for having the nerve to throw a harpoon and puncture one of the holy cows. This was an insult to the great legacy of VH album covers--I'm not even discussing the musical content! Fair Warning especially...made you think a little bit about what's inside. This does not. And there's nothing New York about VH for the love of Christ.
among many other things, it just seems like a lazy attempt at a cover. like this one also...

Drew68

Silver Supporting Member
The Scorpions had one, but if I posted it here I'd probably end up in jail.
I wouldn't even recommend googling it.

I remember seeing that cover in the imports section of a record store back when I was a young teenager. Hard to believe there was a time when someone, somewhere in the Scorpions management found that acceptable enough to use as an album cover.

Drew68

Silver Supporting Member
My favorite cheesy album cover, mostly because the music inside it was absolutely brilliant.

Yes. Yes it was.

CharAznable

My favorite cheesy album cover, mostly because the music inside it was absolutely brilliant.

Yes. Yes it was.

If I was in a black metal band, I'd totally redo that cover, but wearing spikes and corpsepaint instead of white suits

(Something)

You, sir, win the internet.

Trending Topics