Worst Demos Ever!!!

gearwire.com

There demos allways sound like a cheap 8in speaker solidstate amp with the turbo distortion on. I mean COMON! I absolutely ....I realy don't like these demos. They suck.

BluePowder

I find the demos to be ok, I don't really think they are the worst ever.

But the demos take a very technical approach, not a musical one.

It's like "This happens when this knob is turned this way...and THIS happens when this knob is turned that way..."

Their demos of the moogerfoogers made those wonderful pedals look so so boring.

re-animator

I just think the demo'er is boring as hell.... and probably retarded. Half of the video, the pedal isn't even on.

while we're at it, whats up with proguitarshop?? their amp demos are okay, but the pedal demos all sound like *****!! very tinny and trebley with no bottom end... the Xotic FX all sound like $20 danos!

DavidH

I don't mind the Gearwire dude,addmitedly not the best demos ever,and he sounds like he just took 100mg of zopiclone,but hey.

No,these are MUCH worse,http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TDHOqMyHt7g,i actually wanted to hear this pedal,just for a second or two,but he manages to avoid putting it on a setting you'd ever actually use,like he's doing it on purpose.Quite amusing.Doesn't even know what guitar he's playing.What a numpty:jo

Shawn S.

I think YouTube might not be the best medium for demos of audio equipment. Over-Compression + usually only the camcorder's puny microphone doesn't add up well.

Ozro4

I love that guy. The first few minutes of the pedal demo is opening the box and checking out what manuals/handouts/ads come with the pedal. Those papers really help me buy the pedals I get.

thezeng

hahaha yeah. the demo guy is incredibly boring. he makes everything he plays crap! his guitar demos are the worst.. he just plays scales! :horse
actually i think pro guitar shop have great demos... nice and in depth

minorseventh

what beardwire? ha
in his defense maybe there are people that dont know how to use postage paid warranty cards, or people that purchase pedals based on the companies product line-up literature included in the packaging??
he seems like a patient sort of guy. i guess. yeah. he drives me crazy too.

thezeng

yeah but when you have a slow internet connection the last thing you want to hear about is the yellow boss piece of paper thats included in every box! :horse

Droptop

Silver Supporting Member
There are several manufactureres whose demos kill rather than help sales.

Matt Gordon

I love that guy. The first few minutes of the pedal demo is opening the box and checking out what manuals/handouts/ads come with the pedal. Those papers really help me buy the pedals I get.

Also stickers and FUN things. Without those I'm not a customer. :D

pgissi

gearwire.com

There demos allways sound like a cheap 8in speaker solidstate amp with the turbo distortion on. I mean COMON! I absolutely ....I realy don't like these demos. They suck.

I concur and wondered if their was a thread specificaly for these demos and lo and behold there was and the reason is I have spent this last year here at tgp seeing various boutique OD names being mentioned over and over and decided to review some, I ended up thinking 1 of 2 things-

-the vast majority of TGP'ers dont know sheet about tone and the pedals the mention are garbage and the herd mentality is what dominates

or

-these demos suck, period

I think its the latter, these demos have a thin and shrill sound and make every pedal sound like generic suck and have polluted youtube and the best description is quoted above, "cheap 8" speaker, solid state amp with turbo distortion on" ...indeed, nice assesment!

Eh, I like the Gearwire guy. Though I'm weird about things and kind of like seeing everything in that comes with the pedal. Almost fascinates me I guess.

My only issue is that JCM2000 he uses sounds really, really bad and just ruins the sound portion of their demos.

sandman

while we're at it, whats up with proguitarshop?? their amp demos are okay, but the pedal demos all sound like *****!! very tinny and trebley with no bottom end... the Xotic FX all sound like $20 danos!

They're improving. Check out new FD2 Mos clip vs the old one.

But then, I don't like the idea of using a LP into crunchy Voxy amp as a demo platform. Tele into clean Fender would be better overall.

pgissi

My only issue is that JCM2000 he uses sounds really, really bad and just ruins the sound portion of their demos.

Using the JCM2000 at just above music store volume is why, if the amp was run louder where the amps eq blooms and the power tubes sing, it would surely be better

I could hear some of the differences between the pedals but it seems to fall short on some demos, some demos sound like that typical saturday afternoon music store noodler into the fender princeton chorus

the Xotic FX all sound like $20 danos
!

Fo sure, I have the AC and mine doesn't sound like a tin lizzy

HereIGoAgain

Youtube isn't the best place to find pedal demos. I mean, I could post a vid of Joe Satriani, put the word "gearwire" in the title, and 200 douchebags would post comments about how the guy "can't play" or is "such a ****** guitarist." Somehow, I think people are compelled to trash the guy for some reason. (His demo of the MXR Distortion III is okay, though. I didn't care for his demo of the Peavey Valveking, but it is tough to cover everything that amp can do in 6 minutes.)

Now, the Rob Math demos of the Marshall amps that get played on Gearwire are really cool in my opinion. Math, however, seems to be a Marshall employee. I'd actually prefer to see the company's employees demoing their products instead of an outsider with a website. After all, who could know the product better than the people who designed it?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom