worst endorsements of 07 recap

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by airjamie, Feb 5, 2008.

1. airjamie

airjamie Member

From time to time, guitar companies will come out with signiture models that really just shouldnt be released, garnering a collective WTF by guitar players across the country...this year was so expecially bad that i decided to pen my frustration. What follows, in no particular order, are my pics for the worst endorsements of 07 (and a little of 08), feel free to add your own.

[​IMG]

-Gibson Kiefer Sutherland KS-336- This one was so unnecessary i actually had to google just to make sure there wasnt some guitar player out there sharing the same name as the lispy star of such gems as Young Guns, Flatliners, and, my favorite, The Land Before Time 10 (WTF???). There isnt. They actually made a guitar for the guy from the lost boys.

[​IMG]

-ESP George Lynch Super V- This has to be the most hideously ugly thing ive ever seen. An epic fail coming from a builder known to take risks with body shapes and most of the time nail it. How old is George Lynch anyway, like 45? Nice attempt at a midlife crisis grandpa. Retro look doesnt work for guys who used to be in dokken. Next.

-Everything Dean Released This Year- Are you guys kidding me??? Dean certainly takes the cake for releasing the biggest bunch of lacklustre crap in the shortest time period EVER. They had a new model what seemed like every week, basically "lets find 300 ugly ways to paint the same guitar and put that guy from panteras name on it to capitalize on what small amount of success this new metal wave can grant us before they recancell headbangers ball and nobody cares about us again"

[​IMG]

-The Lame Zakk Wylde V/SG Thing Gibson Stole From Dean- This was officially released in 08 but im going to count it in here because it just sucks so hard i cant wait a whole year to talk about it. As if it wasnt bad enout that dean made it in the first place, gibson went and TOTALLY RIPPED IT OFF and put that obnoxious Zakk Wylde pait job on it, then got that obnoxious Zakk Wylde guy to play it. Way to screw the pooch on this one gibson.

Honorable Mentions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKhFLHwztVk
    -Two lame guys from two lame bands talking about the mira- Its awesome to see how enthused these guys are about their guitars......Maybe prs could have hired ben stein to do the vid instead...at least he can read cue cards....

[​IMG]

-PRS Mike Mushok Signature Guitar- Kudos to PRS for adding a baritone to the lineup, however this thing is hideous. Maybe better colors for 09????

2. buckwild

buckwild Silver Supporting Member

[​IMG]

-PRS Mike Mushok Signature Guitar- Kudos to PRS for adding a baritone to the lineup, however this thing is hideous. Maybe better colors for 09????[/quote]

I actually think this guitar looks awesome!

3. Millul

Millul Member

Airjamie, I've to totally agree on your choice of horrid guitars..and I can't stand the use of Dime's name and image that both Dean and Crank make!

4. Spankyrigor

Spankyrigor Member

Dude, it's not Crank.

It's Krack.

:roll
    :BEER

5. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

6. Stike

Stike Member

You might wanna reverse those numbers.

That SG/V makes a Peavey T-60 look like Eva Mendes' ass

7. Millul

Millul Member

My fault in typing that brand's name..
    but if they use Dime's image a tad more, they'd change their name in Krime!

Dig that beer thingie!

8. matte

matte Senior Member

so much hate, so little time.

9. Birddog

Birddog Member

Amen. Imagine copying all of those images of things that you loathe and then writing a detailed diatribe for each. Why? Why? Why?

And the Super-V? I kinda like it.

10. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

This the topic du jour on HC...? :confused:

11. muddy

muddy Member

hehehehehe... :Spank :crazyguy :roll

ml

12. kanderson

kanderson Supporting Member

I have to agree with you on everything there. Kiefer Sutherland gets his own signature guitar??? I didn't even know he played. LOL!
    That V/SG thing is super ugly though...

13. big brekfest

big brekfest Guest

hheeeeeyyyyyy! what's wrong with the t-60? :BITCH

14. frisco kid

frisco kid Member

What's wrong with a little satire or sarcasm? Do it with politics and you get a TV show. I thought it was amusing...certainly no more of a time waste than the hundreds of 'why Gibson sucks' or 'maple vs rosewood' threads.

15. Thwap

Thwap Member

And more importantly...what's wrong with Eva Mendes ass?

16. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Funny thing is aside from the discussion of whether or not an actor deserves a signature guitar, the KS 336 has some cool features that I like not available on either a CS336 or CS356. Goldtop, ebony board, Super 400 inlays.

17. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Agreed. And the bottom line is, MANY more people know about it than if it had NOT had Sutherland's name associated with it.

So, where's the downside?

18. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Instead of starting lame threads like this, practice your guitar so you can get your own "worthy" endorsement. ;)

19. Clam

Clam Member

The only thing I can see wrong with it, is it's completely out of reach.

20. Thwap

Thwap Member

I googled it...looks like it's not only cracked...it has a hole in it.:mad: