worst pedal demo ever

downburst82

Here's Henry with his Vertex pedalboards:

I love he has a guitar with "true temperament" frets...gotta have that spot on perfect intonation :rolleyes:

I will say good for Henry Kaiser for having a career like he has...I do notice that most "artist" that maintain a career creating "art" like this seem to be pretty solid financially to begin with (aka its easy to make a career doing stuff like this when you dont have to worry about $).

Last edited:

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I do notice that most "artist" that maintain a career creating "art" like this seem to be pretty solid financially to begin with (aka its easy to make a career doing stuff like this when you dont have to worry about $).
To be fair, I read an interview with him once where he talked about his inheritance. Found it.

"IE: A couple of recurring, family-related themes pop up when people talk about you. There’s the Henry Kaiser who had a painful childhood (sketched out in your own autobiographical “Flintstones” piece) and, simultaneously, there’s the Henry Kaiser who is the grandson of the industrial titan Henry J. Kaiser and who enjoys extraordinary wealth and privilege. Can you sort out the reality from perception for us? How does your family and class background impinge upon, affect, and support your art and music?

HK: I’ll be precise. I don’t have millions of $. My dad died when I was eleven and he left a fund that paid for my high school and college education. That was all. All of the rest of the money that my dad had was stolen with a substituted will scam of my wicked uncle, my Dad’s brother – so that’s where the miliions went."

I'm not a fan of his stuff, but if that's the truth, it deserves to be out there.

downburst82

*Message in response to @Bluesful I tried to quote but it isnt showing up*

It still sounds like there was some sort of trust fund there does it not? (Enough to pay for private high school and collage but not a penny more?)

I don't want to derail the thread so I will just say I'm not judging either way and I really do mean it when I say good for him (and Killick Hinds who I posted a page back) for choosing to express himself with music. That's what all of us on here are striving to do and its a great thing. I also don't think there is anything wrong with poking a bit of fun here and there at music or art in general.

Last edited:

dfenz

I think you can appreciate something being unintentionally funny in hindsight without being mean. If the person is honest he/she would laugh too with a different outside perspective. in fact it helps ease stress to not take yourself too seriously. We only laugh because it's funny, not to be mean. If we were all irrationally kind all the time we would be living in a fake quiet and boring overly-kind world full of self-assured and very serious novices lacking any motivation to get better. positive encouragement has its place for sure, however we should never be afraid to laugh at funny things.

joelster

Silver Supporting Member
So... Back to the original topic... I think the kid's demo videos are a gag. It's been a while since I've watched them but when he plays Smoke on the Water and it bears no semblance whatsoever... Priceless. His buddy's were cracking up, I'm sure, and he's totally straight faced...

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Remember when you first started playing and you were awesome right away?
I know I'm quoting the 2016 Frankee not .v2017, but I like to think that if we had video cameras, internet, and youtube back then I would have known enough not the use them in this way.

Mr2D

I know I'm quoting the 2016 Frankee not .v2017, but I like to think that if we had video cameras, internet, and youtube back then I would have known enough not the use them in this way.
Not a chance - ever viewed any old footage of yourself that you thought was awesome at the time and now think is horribly embarrassing? My early band days were in the mid 90s before any sort of streaming video was even considered possible, but if we could have put our terrible early gigs up, you bet we would have. Self awareness is a rare and precious quality.

I'm still convinced that kids Andy Kaufmann's heir anyway. He must be playing us.

D Holbrook

This thread is a sterling example of why I no longer post/lurk here..

Silly people with more money than good sense or manners pontificating on subjects they know little or nothing about, with the certain knowledge their tastes are so perfect and well informed that we should bow down to their splendid perfection..

And all they have to offer themselves is the same old same old...

My last post....goodbye..

tofudoom

I'm reviving this thread because I just saw this:

And the award for "Missing the Point of the Polymoon ENTIRELY" goes to Guitarist magazine.

tofudoom

So glad I didn't buy a Polymoon. Meris should sue them for defamation.
Kind of mind-boggling that someone would think: Let's make a demo of this trippy delay pedal where we only use it for slapback over standard Americana-esque riffs.

But, now I kind of want to see this pedal demo series: ONLY SLAPBACK. Thermae: ONLY SLAPBACK. Hedra: ONLY SLAPBACK. Echosystem: ONLY SLAPBACK. Etc.

Trending Topics