Would like to use my Boss TU3 tuner for acoustic

Platner

I just got a 1968 Martin D21. This is my first acoustic guitar. I would like to be able to use my Boss TU3 to keep it in tune. I have the TU3 because I'm mainly an electric player.

I have no intention of playing the D21 amplified so I was wondering if there is a standard interface/contact mike(?) set up that people use to use the Boss tuner on an acoustic?

Thanks

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
I just got a 1968 Martin D21. This is my first acoustic guitar. I would like to be able to use my Boss TU3 to keep it in tune. I have the TU3 because I'm mainly an electric player.

I have no intention of playing the D21 amplified so I was wondering if there is a standard interface/contact mike(?) set up that people use to use the Boss tuner on an acoustic?

Thanks
might as well get a snark
or an acoustic pickup - which you already said you don't want
i love the tu3
i use it with my martins, but they all have pickups
i also use the snark sn8 all of the time with them

hunter

Silver Supporting Member
Yes there are contact mics made to facilitate tuning with a standard electric tuner. Peterson makes a clamp, the TP-3, and a suction cup, the SF-20. Both have a 1/4 jack that will plug into your tuner. I have both from back in the day before clip ons. My suction cup model is not a Peterson though. I don't remember who made it and it is in the bottom of the guitar junk box. The suction cup seemed to work better than the clip on. I used to stick it on the pick guard to tune up.

A Snark is cheaper than either but may not last nearly as long. I've had that suction cup thing since the 80s and it still works fine...or at least did.

hunter

Platner

Thanks hunter... I just went ahead and ordered a Peterson TP-3....just what I was looking for.

Trending Topics