Would this be overkill...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Trevorsnackson, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Trevorsnackson

Trevorsnackson Member

I've been GASing over the Honey Bee Overdrive lately, but I already have a Timmy and an Arc Effects klone on my board, which aren't going anywhere.

Would it be overkill or redundant to put a Honey bee in between them?

2. Ferret

Ferret Supporting Member

Not at all. The HB has a strongly textured sweetness which is very much its own thing. It can get sounds like an early Valco but it has other things going on as well. It should stack well with those other pedals and give you a colour you probably don't have, depending of course, on what amp you use.

3. Trevorsnackson

Trevorsnackson Member

Thanks! And from what I hear its extremely touch sensitive which I feel my timmy and klone can't really do the way I wish they would like what I've heard in the demos.

Right now I have a vox ac-15, but I'm looking into the port city pearl

4. Ferret

Ferret Supporting Member

Yes it is touch sensitive. And I don't think either of those amps could do Honey Bee tones on their own, and certainly not at low volume. Someone who has tried the HB through a Vox or similar amp should chime in here but I'd be surprised if they thought it would bring you nothing new. I have a Timmy but not a Klone although I know and like the Klone sound. The HB is by far my favorite dirt pedal, except perhaps for the Kingsley Squire and Jester which do a rather different thing.

5. jordane93

jordane93 Member