Would you add a Bigsby to your Tele?

DCAddy

Everyone who told you "no" is wrong. :) My Japanese '62 Custom reissue is the bomb w/ the Bigsby. And very functional. Doesn't go out of tune. And guess what? If you don't want to use it, just don't use it! But it's there when you want a nice chord vibrato or you want to rockabilly out.

And don't worry about your Classic Vibe '50s. I installed a hipshot B/G bender on mine and it works like a charm. No tuning issues and the guitar seems to love it.
Dadgum, that's awesome, right there.

Jaddy

I had one on mine for a couple of years but found the weight distribution threw me off and having to change a string at a gig wasn't a heap of fun. Otherwise it really did look and sound great.

Jaddy

DCAddy

I think they look cool as hell on a tele...I don't have much experience actually playing bigsby equipped teles but the few that I have played sound perfectly fine to me. As for the tuning issues, I only use it to add a bit of shimmer to the end of chord progressions and lead phrases so I'm not so concerned with that part. My next tele will most definitely be bigsby equipped. In fact, here's the inspiration for my next guitar...some may find it blasphemous...I find it GORGEOUS!

****! This thread is turning out to be all kinds of nasty!! Killer axe...

jayjacque

Wow beautiful pictures of Teles with Bigsbys! Whoever said they don't ascetically go together is seeing with different eyes than mine.

scott520

Silver Supporting Member
****! This thread is turning out to be all kinds of nasty!! Killer axe...
absolutely! I'm GAS'n hard for one. Actually I've already knocked the idea around with Mr. Kirn. Can't pull the trigger quite yet as I'm in the process of getting funds saved up to do it! Can't wait!

DCAddy

So, here's a question: Does it rob sustain?

I have a 52 RI, and this thread has me seriously considering some Tele surgery...

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
Am thinking about doing it with a very sweet Squire Classic Vibe 50's. The thing is it really stays in tune well, which could mean it might take a Bigsby well and hold tune, or I could end up putting good money out for the Bigsby and start having tuning problems. That would be my only hesitation. What say ye?
I bought a Bigsby months ago for my CVC and still haven't installed it :) but not really worried about tuning issues. Get the Vibramate and just remove the Bigsby if you don't like it.

fewlio

Look I can see about 33 percent of people here are scratching their heads and the other 66 are drooling over these garish guitars. So to the 33 percent I'm gonna give you some insight into the thought process of your fellow forum members.

Harmony Central Forums Refugee - "When I was young and livin' in the ol' trailer park I wuz saving up fer my dream gitar!

Now dat I discovered TGP my tastes r becoming more elegant n refined, an' I can see the value of an awesome tele. Here's the one I'm currently lookin' at gettin' whut u think?!? Yeeee hawww!!

elijah

So, here's a question: Does it rob sustain?

I have a 52 RI, and this thread has me seriously considering some Tele surgery...
Not 100% sure on a tele, but my best sustaining guitar is Bigsby equipped.
Even better than my LP Special DC.

jayjacque

I bought a Bigsby months ago for my CVC and still haven't installed it :) but not really worried about tuning issues. Get the Vibramate and just remove the Bigsby if you don't like it.
Indeed, going to do the whole Vibramate thing, the one made for a Tele and even the Vibramate spoiler for easier string changes. I'm even more pumped to do it now.

jim lavender

You could buy the squier Cabronita with Bigsby for about $340 if you find a 15% off sale. I'm sure digging mine and I still have my other teles intact.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
As a second tele, yes. As an only tele, no.... I am ok with tether a strat Trem or a bigsby on my Pro Jet. I would love to add a bigsby tele and a baritone tele to my gig arsenal, but no funds... Or roadies... So...

Trending Topics