• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Would you swap an AV 52 Tele for a Nash Tele?

THiwaTT

Before any Nash-bashing comes in
Yes - I think the reliving is a bit over the top usually

but I owned a Nash Esquire that was a great to play

I am looking for a Pink paisley Tele
I don’t really like the look of the Fender CIJ , the Tokai looks better, but I want a bit more of a beefy neck. I’ve heard that Nash does the foil paper on the body which I like

I’m thinking of selling my 2016 AV 52 to fund a used T-68 Nash
What do you all think? Would you sell a Fender to get the Nash

Many thanks

Axeplyr

Platinum Supporting Member
Hmmm.... depends on the guitar. If you’re not feelin the love with your AV52, then you might as well. But my 2014 AV 52 is going to the grave with me. I’ll never sell or trade it. But it’s a killer guitar.

THiwaTT

I dig the ‘52, but I remember really liking the Nash I had before - the lack of finishing the back of the neck made it feel much faster than the AV

Mine is right around 7.2lbs according to the bathroom scale - not too bad for an AV

Axeplyr

Sounds like a keeper to me. Can you keep the AV52 and save up for a Nash?

dreamingaxe

just save up for the Nash.. the AV 2012-2017 series are the most desirable Fenders due to the very close spec to the originals. all nitro (sealer and top coat), nice neck profiles, among other things.

Claytone

I traded straight across a beautiful handmade boutique guitar for a Nash Tele at a guitar show a few years back. As nice as the boutique guitar was, and I had commissioned it! - the Nash with the fat neck and seafoam green paint job, with some relicing but nothing major - just sounded and fit my playing style better. On a dollar for dollar basis I might've taken a bit of a hit but I never regretted the swap, and I still play the Nash all the time. Just saying, decide by evaluating them both from your playing perspective and not the market, or TGP correctness.

bullet69

If you like the way the Nash neck feels maybe sand some of the finish off of the AV neck.I’m not saying relic it just speed up the wear in a bit.

WesDocJimi

I sold my AV 52 to get a Nash T57 with a Charlie Christian neck pickup
and I don't regret it a bit. Fender nitro necks never lose their stickiness in my
experience and I prefer the 10 in radius to 7.25, though you can easily get used to
it.

20200714_150904.jpg

Texsunburst59

I'd do what bullet69 said about sanding some finish off the back of your AV neck.

If I were you, I'd keep the AV and save up for a Nash.

Gig Young

2 Ply Crew
For me

If the Nash is not 7.25" and small frets...

Then the Nash!!

1973Marshall

Totally feel the OP on wanting the Nash feel which is worn and comfortable.

However, if it’s not about some other magic like neck carve or the resonance of the Nash, you can do what I did and mod your AV. For a couple of hundred bucks I had the neck radiused to 9.5 with 6105 and neck finish buffed and treated with gun oil. Cost very little and the results were amazing.

If you just like the Nash in general then do it.

BadAssBill

southofnash.com
Gold Supporting Member
I went to a store locally that carries them...they had 5 for sale. 3 of them had fret work that was so bad I've never seen anything like it on MIM guitar, let alone a 2k+ guitar. I don't mean there was a little dead spot....if I played a gig with any 3 of them my hand would be raw from the frets. It was nearly unplayable they were so sharp, It was embarrassing.
A buddy also had one I played for a set, one of the most uninspiring guitars I've ever played. The worst relicing in the business.
YMMV

Trending Topics