would you trade a lp standard for a anderson cobra s?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by skydawg, Sep 12, 2008.

1. skydawg

skydawg Member

I've got a 2007 gibson les paul standard and i have a guy who has a cobra s that wants to do an even trade on it.I've never owned an anderson or even tried one but i've heard a lot of good things about them.would it would be wise to do an even trade?i guess i am looking for a little more versiltility in a guitar,i just don't want to make a trade i later regret.any thoughts?thanks

2. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

3. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Go to his house with your LP and spend a couple of hours A/Bing them and then make the decision.

4. skydawg

skydawg Member

yeah i know and i usually do that when it comes to local trades.the guy wanted to meet me somewhere off the strip during his lunch break,which i was tempted to do to get the anderson but maybe i shouldn't be so impulsive meet at one of our houses to do a proper road test plugged in.

5. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

The Anderson will smoke the Les Paul in playability (most likely) and quality, however will sound different. Are you playing the Les Paul often? If not, might as well try a different guitar right?

IMO

YMMV

RC

6. skydawg

skydawg Member

I guess i'm looking for that elusive guitar that can do it all.the les paul is a one trick pony imo but it does one awesome trick.

7. mysticaxe

mysticaxe Member

I personally would do it. Les Pauls (unless they are extrodinarily special ones) are easy to come by. Andersons aren't. If you don't like the Anderson, you can probably easily trade it off for something else. If you don't do it, and the guy is in New England, PM me - I might want to contact him!

8. XKnight

XKnight Member

9. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

I disagree about the one trick pony thing. You see LPs in every genre of music. Having said that, I think Andersons are outstanding guitars. Certainly not a do everything guitar, but pretty versatile and wonderfully made.

As mysticaxe pointed out, you can always find another LP. LPs and Strats are pretty easy to find. Maybe not great ones, but there are a ton of them out there. Good luck

10. frank62

frank62 Member

11. bilbal

bilbal Member

Gotta say I disagree with the "Les Paul is a one trick pony" description too. I'm newly reunited with Les Pauls but I know enough about them from the past and the short time I have had my latest to say something is wrong if you're only getting one great tone from yours.

I know nothing about any of the Anderson stuff so I can't speak of themremark about them.

12. Brock

Brock Member

How about a double dose of Heck No!

13. Peppy

Peppy Member

I've owned two Les Pauls...both Customs. A '68 or '69...never did know exactly. Then I bought a brand-new '73. I have a Hollow Cobra S. I prefer the Anderson but it's been a lllooonnngggg while since I've gigged with a Paul. I've played a few latter-day Pauls but I didn't find any to the quality of my Anderson.

14. Wildwind

Wildwind Silver Supporting Member

I'd do it. Anderson makes a great guitar. Unless his is a dog - and you like the sound and feel of it - I think it's a good deal.

15. 56_Special

56_Special Member

If a Les Paul is a one trick pony, then what is a Les Paul Junior? A half a trick pony?

16. JamesT

JamesT Senior Member

i vote with glowing tubbes...

17. skydawg

skydawg Member

ok maybe i was a little too harsh with the one trick pony statement.it does lack a little versatility imo compared to some of the other guitars available that have splittable coils and trem bars.anyways i think the guy is getting cold feet on the trade,so i guess i'll be keep the lp.anyways here's a pic of the les paul:RoCkIn[​IMG]

18. Peeb

Peeb Member

I would not do it. Just me.

19. Urkoman

Urkoman Member

I´d do it right now. Wouldn´t think about it even for a second.
    Andersons are awesome guitars, les pauls...well, i don´t like them at all.

20. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Check the resale value of both on eBay.