Would you??

Gibson for a Duesenberg as described in this post - would you?

• "In a heart beat"

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • "Nope, not now, not ever, you need to take a long hard look at yourself"

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • "Gimme a sec, I need to think hard about this, don't rush me"

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Whiper11

Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2016 in a straight up trade for a Duesenberg Starplayer TV 2016.

Both great condition, price point here not a million miles apart.

Who would do that trade?

Carbohydrates

I'd keep the LP Traditional, especially if it was my only LP. That's easily my favorite non-historic model.

mschafft

I would in a heart beat only if the neck profile and the guitar weight were more to my liking on the Duesy.

cap10kirk

I'd keep the Les Paul. I can't think of anything I'd trade a Les Paul for, except a different Les Paul, like a Junior for example.

Serenity

Both are great guitars, both hold their value well (if that matters to you). I like both and would have no problem doing that trade.

Abram4235

You can always buy a Les Paul anywhere. Duesys are harder to come by. I think it depends on the sound your after and whether you want a hollow body or not. If youve bonded with the LP, I'd stick with it. I'd go for the Duesy myself, I've always found LPs awkward to play.

cutaway

Duesenbergs just look cheap and tacky to me. Just my opinion which is totally subjective.

Plus there's the whole "guess where our guitars are made" issue.

RCM78

Pretty sure this has been laid to rest. And sensible people don't give a f**k where their guitars are made, only that they're made well.
I think you're in the minority. People in the market for guitars at that price point do care where its made. The fact that Deusenberg hides the country of origin is a big deal...

Me personally, I dont care where a guitar is made as long as it's disclosed.

Guitarworks

No. Would not do it. I'd rather have both guitars. Furthermore, I would feel like the guy giving up the Deus and getting the Paul would be getting the better end of the deal. Both guitars may be well-made. I own both offshore and U.S. made instruments. But I wouldn't feel right doing a straight up even trade unless it was offshore for offshore, or U.S. for U.S. Not because I'm jingoistic (which I'm not), but because I know the market attaches different values to each. Right or wrong, the used market does not view them as being equal contenders.

Gonkboy

Douchenwho? Never heard of them. A Gibson Les Paul is one of the greatest guitars in the world. Keep the Gibson and tell the Douchenburg
"Auf Wiedersehen".

wilblee

Hack sans shame
Platinum Supporting Member
I'm not a Les Paul fan, so I would do the trade before something happened to take it off the table.

Trending Topics