Wouldn't it be cool to have a TGP record label?

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I was thinking on how cool it would be if TGP had its own record label. It would be for all the cool players out there that had a finished product to sell. The TGP record label could aid in marketing through its membership and guys with pro studios could even get work by recording the artists.

I was thinking of guys like:

Ray Gomez, Buddy Whittington, David Grissom, and others.

Anyway, just a thought.

Last edited:

guitarz1972

The credits section where we talk about what gear was used on which the songs would actually take up more disk space than the songs themselves. LOL

Just kidding! I seriously think this is a good idea.

Bobby D

i would do it. i got two albums of unreleased stuff i would give to the TGP label for fREE, as long as we share sales 50/50 like magnatune does.,

Bobby D

TGP could set up and MP3 server and sell TGP member albums for say $10, and split the money 50/50 with the artists :YinYang

maybe it would pay for itself, make a little $$$$?

Jazz2Punk

TGP could set up and MP3 server and sell TGP member albums for say $10, and split the money 50/50 with the artists :YinYang

maybe it would pay for itself, make a little $$$$?
Judging from past threads on illegal downloading, the average TGP'r doesn't view recorded music as something worth paying for.

You'll make more money selling 'Bobby D' t-shirts! ;)

Tom Gross

OG Forum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Back in the day of the old PRS forum, Brian started a small label and released a few albums.

guzman

There would be a LOT of different kind of music, people here go from jazz to hardcore metal.. Could be pretty interesting, or pretty bad...

Bobby D

Judging from past threads on illegal downloading, the average TGP'r doesn't view recorded music as something worth paying for.

You'll make more money selling 'Bobby D' t-shirts! ;)
i dunno. i make a respectable amount of money thru magnatune twice yearly for those six albums. people DO buy and license music. not EVERYONE Downloads illegally.

but yeah - i have THREE book projects in the oven, and some more music coming. two old albums, one new one.

you ain't gonna make any money if you don't have ANYTHING out there. and i prefer that people at gigs can BUY SOMETHING PHYSICAL instead of just sticking money in the tip bucket :YinYang

I was thinking on how cool it would be if TGP had its own record label. It would be for all the cool players out there that had a finished product to sell. The TGP record label could aid in marketing through its membership and guys with pro studios could even get work by recording the artists.

I was thinking of guys like:

Ray Gomez, Buddy Whittington and others.

Anyway, just a thought.
Yes..That would be awesome...and Buddy Whittington is a great player and actually a pretty cool guy too....

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Many of us buy lots of product from the artists that hang out here. I bought Ed Degenaro's stuff, Hectic Watermelon, Pete Thorn, and others too based on reading about it here.

I buy from Abstract Logic, CD Baby, etc., but a TGP label could sell here, on Abstract Logic, CD Baby, iTunes, etc. Then artists would have a central place to be based out of.

If there was extra money generated, TGP could aid artists with recording costs.

loudboy

An interesting idea to be sure.

Or a "compilation" volume i thru ? with players from this board.
I think there were 3 compilation CDs released back in the old H-C Forum days.

They were fun. All over the place stylistically and quality-wise, but very enjoyable.

The jams that I went to were a riot, also. No egos or showboating, just a bunch of like-minded folks having a good time.

Trending Topics