Wow Eddie!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Wmacky, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wmacky

Wmacky Member

2. Frankee

Frankee Wartime Consigliere

He's coked to the gills.

3. spyeman

spyeman Supporting Member

That was a loooonnnng time ago....

4. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

Yep. And you know...
    [​IMG]

Yep.

Peace,

5. 316guitars

316guitars Silver Supporting Member

6. Mike Anderson

Mike Anderson Member

Who's Eddie?

I don't want to click on the link on my phone.

7. Brian D

Brian D Member

And then there's Valerie :love::

8. jcs

jcs Member

You mean the part where he says "dad shot the best part of me down his leg"?:nono

That's an oldie...I heard that one in the late 60's when I was about 9 years old.:wave

Eddie is just making fun of himself and being obnoxious, I mean cmon its 1985 from an LA raised kid on top of the rock world.:aok

9. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Eddie and Valerie look more like brother and sister than husband and wife. The resemblance is creepy.

10. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    Yeowza ! 11 :eeks

Yeah, I think he was doped up on something or other, but I could be wrong :red

11. RoneB

RoneB Member

He invented the guitar didn't you guys know that. What a dick.

12. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

He was drunk and being obnoxious. No biggie.

13. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Yup
    Seems drunk & guilty of thinking he's way funny
    (think we've all been there)

14. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    Lighten up, he was just having some fun. :rolleyes:

15. B Money

B Money Member

how about this classic, where Ed makes some outrageous claims about how got, and then cured his cancer.
    Unfortunately his cancer cure is illegal, so he can't make it public.

16. nondeplume

nondeplume Puppet For Prophet Gold Supporting Member

Guess you never heard/read the story about Eddie backstage at the Forum with Nirvana in 93'. Begging Kurt Cobain on his knees, to let him join the band on stage, explaining, “I’m all washed up; you are what’s happening now.” As told by Pat Smear and Krist on occasion.

Pat: Can I tell you my Eddie Van Halen story? I actually met him. He was backstage at the final Nirvana concert at the Forum, which for me, was like,"Oh my God, I'm playing on the SAME stage as [Queen's] Brian May!" I was dying. Anyway, Eddie Van Halen comes backstage drunk out of his ****ing mind, and he started begging Kurt to let him play with us. It was so disgusting. He was like, "I'm all washed up; you are what's happening now." It was horrible! He was a horrible racist pig!

Jeff: I heard he was running Mennen Speed Stick deodorant all over his face. Is that true?

Pat: Yeah [laughs]. Kurt had this deodorant, and he sniffed it or something like that, and it got on his face. It looked like he had cocaine under his nose.

Jennifer: I heard he was asking Kurt to let him come on stage and play "Eruption," but Kurt said, "no," and Eddie said, "C'mon, let me play the Mexican's guitar," referring to you.

Pat: I told Krist [Novoselic], I thought we should let him play with us. But he said no because we'd never get him off the stage. When I walked up to Eddie, he was talking to Krist. I just saw the back of his head so I didn't know who he was. And Krist goes, "Oh Eddie, you haven't met Pat. He's our new guitar player." Eddie turns around and sees me, but he doesn't say hello or anything. He just say's, "Oh no, not a dark one." At first I thought he was kidding. But he kept asking me, "What are you? Are you like a Raji or something? Are you Mexican?" Then he kept saying to Kurt," C'mon let me play the Mexican's guitar." I was horrified!

Jeff: Is he the El Duce of Metal?

Pat: [Laughs] Eddie Van Halen is the perfect example for me of not wanting to meet your heroes 'cause you'll be disappointed. I hear he's sober now. I blame that incident totally on the alcohol. I've done a lot of bad things when I was drunk, too.

Jeff: I don't think you're coming from a judgmental place at all.

Pat: I was just shocked. I was thinking, "God, Eddie Van Halen hates me.

The difference between sobriety and intoxication was never more clearly illustrated than on December 30, when Nirvana played a show at the Great Western Forum near Los Angeles. Filmmaker Dave Markey was videotaping that night and observed a display of inebriation so extreme, he turned his camera off in pity. And it wasn't Kurt who was a mess - it was Eddie Van Halen. The famed guitar player was backstage on his knees drunk, begging Krist to let him jam. Kurt arrived only to see his one-time hero collapsing toward him with his lips puckered, like a toasted Dean Martin in a bad Rat-Pack skit. "No, you can't play with us", Kurt flatly announced. "we don't have any extra guitars."

Van Halen didn't grasp this obvious lie and pointed to Pat Smear(nirvanas then rhythm guitarist), shouting, "Well, then let me play the Mexican's guitar. What is he, is he mexican? is he black?" Kurt couldn't believe his ears. "Eddie went into this racist, homophobic banter, typical redneck," observed Dave Markey. "It was surreal." Kurt was furious, but finally came up with a worthy verbal response: "Actually you can jam" he promised. "You can go onstage after our encore. Just go up there and solo by yourself!" Kurt stormed off.

17. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

Right. Like a lot of people, Eddie says some ridiculous, head scratching, mean, boastful things when he's drunk/high. Unfortunately, we was drunk or high for a lot of years and consequently said and did a lot of things he probably regrets. Understand that doesn't make it right, but from everything I've seen and heard sober Eddie is a good guy (and great player). Thankful that he appears to be sober these days.

Peace,

18. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

That's a wild story about Eddie & Nirvana!

19. John Coloccia

John Coloccia Cold Supporting Member

I guess now we'll be getting hate from Eddie on his forum too.

20. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

Any more stories like the above?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.