Wow... I LOVE the All Parts neck on my friends blackguard!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Gasp100, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

My VP (bosses boss :) is a musician (used to own a pretty well known studio) and he has started getting pretty deep into buying gear (I am living vicariously through him lol!). Anyway, he really digs the relicing side of things and brought in his relic'd Blackguard Tele to check out. It was a tad overdone for my tastes (I dig very minimal, light relic'ing if at all) but damn was the neck FAT and awesome. I think he said it was an Allparts TMO-FAT? or something? I had a pinecaster build by Jason Hilbourne and he used a Rosewood Allparts TRO-W I think and that was a great neck. But man, this was a big fat chunk of solid maple and it felt awesome... I might have to assemble a partscaster and maybe have him relic it a tad -- I think he is going to get into finishing as well. I'll see if I can get some pics from him on this one, it turned out pretty nice.

2. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

The FAT necks from All-Parts are awesome. I use a TMF FAT on a partscaster and really dig it. I'd love to grab a Strat version for my Jimmie Vaughan body.

3. HHB

HHB Member

I've got 3 , the FAT is the ****

4. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Here is the link to the site he started, I hope he doesn't mind me linking to it. The guitar is done and setup and feels (and looks) pretty awesome for a partscaster... that neck is THE neck for me on a Tele though. I might have to build a partscaster just to get the neck!

http://blackguardtribute.com/

5. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

I have one on my K-line. Great neck.

6. K-Line

K-Line Gold Supporting Member

They are very nice indeed, they have a nice U shape to them which makes for a very comfortable neck. I am currently working out my necks that I will be launching soon. I have been working with a back shape that will have this same feel, kind of a flatter C or less flat U. I have one prototype and it feels identical to the TMO-Fat but not as fat, more like .860 or so. I am excited to launch the new line in 2010.

7. Blue4Now

Blue4Now Gold Supporting Member

Yes indeed, I have a 22 fret Allparts thicker 60's style neck on my strat. 10" redius, 6105 frets. its a killer neck

8. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

Ooh, I like the sound of that!