WOW - Just got a Mojo Vibe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tripp, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Tripp

Tripp Member

It's one of those effects that puts an instant smile on your face. The only sad thing about it is turning the effect off! The sound is so thick and rich.

Couldn't be happier. I also go the swirl one because it just looked cool. My son picked it out!

Mine's in front of the amp, as I suppose most are. Anyone ever put one in the effects loop?

2. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

I know the feeling. I have a new Shannon UniPhase, one of the last ones made. It's hypnotic. That sound or tremolo will just put me in a trance.

3. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

Enjoy the purchase...great Vibe!!

4. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Definitely the best vibe I've owned or played so far. I'm really happy with mine. I never put mine in the effects loop, because it sounds so great on the input. One of those things I never got around to doing, and now that I am thinking about a Bassman (no fx loop) don't want to build my sound around it. I DID have a Fulltone Deja Vibe, which was always a little too bright for me on input (Mike told me I was "wrong" that people complained about it being to dark, not too bright, if anything :) guess my ears are just wrong) so before I got my mojo-vibe I tried (also for some reason, against Mike's advice "don't tell me you are using this in the effects loop!" out of the blue...I hadn't been, but he wrote it as if "don't tell me you are such in imbicilic bonehead that you've been using it in the effects loop") putting my deja-mini-vibe in the effects loop of my Carvin MTS3212...and surpisingly it REALLY sounded tons better. It was less bright, and more the sound I wanted. But the Mojovibe I like in input, and I really like it best downstream from the ODs (i.e. Wah, OD, distortions first, then vibe).

Though, just recently I tried it sandwhiched in between my Blues Pro OD, and my Zendrive. Not sure yet if it is worth a try. The cool thing is, I can then choose either before or after, but actually you can do the same if yo have a "lead channel" on your amp. Have the OD be the before MOJO and the lead channel the one AFTER and see which you want, or use both.

If you want some fun...most people use the chorus side and often reviews say "haven't really found much use for the vibrato side" I think they are missing out. I found two great uses...one, set it on vibrato, fairly decent amount of intensity and volume up high, and learn/play Hendrix's "Hey Baby (Land of the New Rising Sun)" it is SOOO cool going down the A-G-F part, trilling all over, and then hitting that solid D again just before starting it over. You'll see what I mean.

But the other use, if you set the intensity down a bit so it is almost not noticeable and do some solo in there...it adds a certain something. Sounds more 60's-70's and also adds some kind of motion. A lead like the one on that Hendrix tune is the perfect style (moving almost constantly but not really building but going along at a medium pace).

To be fair to Fulltone, I haven't spent a lot of time so it is possible the Mojo is every bit as good or better here too, but just fooling around I found the Deja-mini-vibe to be just a little better on the vibrato (maybe because it is brighter :) ) for things like this than the mojo, but I and most folks use vibes for the chorus, and I still love the vibrato on the Mojo, just that the deja was slightly easier to dial in that one thing.

5. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Congrats. I just got mine on Wednesday also. I think it is a fine unit. After using a really good microvibe for several years, I am happy to now have one of the best

Nick

6. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Open up your mojo vibe. There are 3 switches. change it from -__ to _--
    This will make it brighter. You will want to unplug the ac and pedal first as it will pop loud if you dont.

7. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I should get mine in tomorrow or Monday. Obviously hoping for tomorrow!

8. drolling

drolling Member

AFAIK, most players use the input, rather than the loop.

I've got the predecessor to the Mojo, the much bigger AC powered Ultra- owned several vibes as I worked my way up the food-chain till I finally got an Ultravibe. The ultimate univibe clone..

I put an overdrive pedal after mine, as I like it best w/some dirt on top, but usually have a wah, a fuzz and another overdrive in front, for those classic Hendrix/Trower tunes..

Enjoy!!

9. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Good info...but actually I love the Mojovibe for what I most use it for (the chorus side) just as it is. That setting may be closer to what I get for the vibrato side on my Deja-mini-vibe...but the Deja isn't adjustable the way the Mojo is. Main point is, I can't get the Deja to sound as good as the mojo, I sure don't want to adjust the mojo to sound like the deja, and if I want it for that one specific vibrato dealy...I can use the Deja as is for that and keep the mojo just like I love it for the slightly darker excellent chorus sounds.

10. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

11. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member