Wow, now THIS rig is at the apex of gig-rigs for me...

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
This, this rig has had NO equals with regard to my wants/needs. Phenominal clean tones and a lead tone that is absolutely to die for.

I plug my guitar in to an AB box. The A side goes in to a Fulltone Catalyst for a GREAT clean in to the gainier side of the X50. The B side goes in to a Fulltone Trower OD that is pushing a killer sounding Rust Box. All that goes in to my Xits X50. The line from the loop goes to my vintage Ibanez AD202. The wet signal goes in to one channel of my '71 Marshall JMP 50 Super PA/Oversize 1-12 with a EV 12L.
The dry line out of the Ibanez goes to an EH POG, then to my Headrush 2 and a Fatboost for an added gain stage. That then goes in to another channel of my Marshall.
In the future, I will be using a Voodoo Labs 1@4, so I can take my signal from the line out, to each wet/loop unit. I have 4 separate inputs in the Marshall, so it is like a mixer unto itself and I keep a super short signal path. When I get the 1@4, I will be putting in a Tremolo and EBS Reverb unit in to each other channel.
This rig sounds outstanding for any tone I could want.

The Bogner 4-12 has a pair of Golds and a pair of Scumback Greenies.

This is super versatile and I could handle just about any type of rock setting I need to. For my old school punk band, I am still using my Superlead in to a HW Marshall 4-12 w/G12H30's.

Man, what a far cry from what I had just a number of months ago...

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
i dig this delay big time! warm and natural sounding. i went through quite a few units before this one.
ya, i know, i know, i am a bit trad. i do have my eye on a carved top, fully bound Ric, but, I am about $3699 short of $3,700....

Funny I have ended up with what I have after strictly adhering to tonal requirements.

that said, i have my eye on a stevens and this nationa/jr./bigsby hybrid thingy...

dalandan

nice rig.

different strokes for different folks, I guess. some people need more, while some, less.

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
nice rig.

different strokes for different folks, I guess. some people need more, while some, less.
It depends upon the needs of course...
Like I said, I am using a simple Superlead/4-12 half stack for my old school punk band. That is the "less" thing. Works perfectly.

For the rig where I am using loops and many shades of tone within a more sonically open space format, this rig is fantastic. With the use of my volume and tone controls on the guitar, I have access to so much. This is the "more" rig. Works perfectly.

Why the Catalyst for a "clean" sound?
I love the compression aspects of the Catalyst. Gives me a really sweet and girthy clean tone. I rarely use it for fuzz.

I picked the Fulltone gear because it spans the bridge between being readily available and being better built while having great tones.

After seeing the pics and hearing the clips I think I hate you. I mean that in the nicest way.
What variac are you using and where do you usually keep it set? Does it really tame the beast?

Trending Topics