• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Wow, so what will Mesa come up with next?

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
a non-signature King Snake, or updated Mark I reissue with the 100/60/10 power settings and the "Blackface or Tweed" presence settings that are in the King Snake would be on my wish list.

I just bought a King Snake and it's as good as Mesa gets IMO. Fantastic amp.

dgonz

I hope they leave things alone for a while. They already have too many amps in my opinion. More is not better. Look at Martin with so many crummy, cheap guitars to appeal to too many people.

ledzep618

I want to see them expand on their accessories more...I'm impressed with the cab clone and wouldn't mind seeing them put out some more stuff that is geared towards the gigging/recording guitarist that can't always blow the sound out.

ksandvik

Hard to improve on such a great lineup of amps... Maybe cab simulation to all the lunchbox amp heads long term.

ledzep618

Hard to improve on such a great lineup of amps... Maybe cab simulation to all the lunchbox amp heads long term.
How about cab simulation to all the amps...the cab sims are more useful for the big heads anyways. I've never had stage volume issues with a 15 watter, but once I get 50 watts moving, then it's big time stage volume issues.

Al Rose

Gold Supporting Member
My guess is they will stay put for awhile. I think a TA revision would be nice, but they have rolled out a bunch of new stuff over the last few years. Only time will tell! :aok

Al

stratoquack

Silver Supporting Member
it would be cool to see the Blue Angel reissued, that was a cool amp that was a little ahead of the Class A craze by a few years IMO.
Otherwise, I think their lineup kills right now. I still absolutely adore my Lonestar Classic. I dig my TA-15. And I got a Flux Five this year that is a great pedal in front of the TA.

Matt L

Mini Stiletto/Electradyne would be sweet........split the bass/treble-heavy difference of each one, make a really sweet Marshall-flavored 25-30 watt, 2-channel head that weighs 15lbs. Sign me up!

Call it.....

The Stilectradyno

:)

Fulldrive-1

I don't know, but I'll wager it will have front and rear panels that look like the flight deck of a B-52, and you'll have to spend hours hunting for a sound you can use.

Meanwhile, my old Marshall head has but six knobs. . . .

wildschwein

I don't know, but I'll wager it will have front and rear panels that look like the flight deck of a B-52, and you'll have to spend hours hunting for a sound you can use.

You mean like this one:

Phletch

Then stick with your Marshall (I like them, too). Whenever I read posts like that I wonder if some people really do have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. :dunno

guitarman3001

I agree. There is nothing quite like the simplicity of a Marshall.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
A Heartbreaker reissue that has a built in propane tank and shoots flames out the back on the nastiest of power chords! :idea

jpage

If you can't get "a sound you can use" out of any Mesa amp in a few minutes the number of knobs on the front and rear panels is not your issue.

Evo5150

Or, you could just read the manual. My ROV25 has 7 knobs per channel, three of which are EQ. I fail to see what's so difficult about that.

Does your Marshall have reverb and two channels?

bbutler123

Mesa's got the Mini Recto, Mini Mark and Mini Electradyne (TA-30/15).
They've also got the Rectos, Mark V, Lonestars and Electradyne/Royal Atlantic.
The Express series are a hot item, so I don't really see those getting replaced, but they might with the release of the MKV25.
No new Mark 6 for many years to come.
Electradynes fit the British-voiced genre.

What'll they come up with next? What's really missing in their lineup?
Revamp/replace the Triaxis?
A Lonestar with a hotter/clearer gain channel?
A new V-Twin?

I don't mean this to be a 'thanks for the Mark V 25, now whattya got?' suggestion, more like 'geez, I don't know what other slots there are to fill'.
I like to see boutique amp companies defined by how FEW amp models they have, not how MANY.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom