• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Wow, so what will Mesa come up with next?

ledzep618

I don't know, but I'll wager it will have front and rear panels that look like the flight deck of a B-52, and you'll have to spend hours hunting for a sound you can use.

Meanwhile, my old Marshall head has but six knobs. . . .
I laughed at the b52 thing, but brother if you can't find a useable sound in a Mesa almost immediately the problem is you, not the amp. Every Mesa I've owned (6 of them) sounded great with the knobs at noon, then it's just a matter of tweaking.

That's the most played out, bs complaint with mesas, spoken truly like a person who has never played one.

Birdy

I don't know, but I'll wager it will have front and rear panels that look like the flight deck of a B-52, and you'll have to spend hours hunting for a sound you can use.

ianblond

Mesa ,why still no 6v6 amp? blackface based circuits on el84’s - it doesn’t have any sense.
Give us 2X6v6 early Mark series.

ledzep618

Mesa ,why still no 6v6 amp? blackface based circuits on el84’s - it doesn’t have any sense.
Give us 2X6v6 early Mark series.
The problem is that 6V6 do not handle gain well. You cannot have the liquid leads of the Mark series through 6V6, it just doesn't work. They mush up and don't hold together.

I think a 6V6 Mesa would be killer, but it would probably have to be something more along the lines of a mini Electradyne (which would be awesome!) than a Mark series to really work.

ianblond

The problem is that 6V6 do not handle gain well. You cannot have the liquid leads of the Mark series through 6V6, it just doesn't work. They mush up and don't hold together.

I think a 6V6 Mesa would be killer, but it would probably have to be something more along the lines of a mini Electradyne (which would be awesome!) than a Mark series to really work.
I use Heartbreaker head with 2X6V6 and it works perfectly in Mark modes.
In my opinion el84 are mushy with higher gain however Brian May has killer sound.
The problem is that transformers are so huge that even with 6v6 amp is still too loud for smaller places like clubs.And i use 2x12 with Scumbacks.

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member

It's only a problem for the extremely lazy or the plain dumb.

Really, it's not brain surgery.

ksandvik

The Mesa Mini Rectifier has the most streamlined knob interface you could find on any amps, if you don't figure out how it works, then I don't know what to say.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
it would be cool to see the Blue Angel reissued, that was a cool amp that was a little ahead of the Class A craze by a few years IMO.
Otherwise, I think their lineup kills right now. I still absolutely adore my Lonestar Classic. I dig my TA-15. And I got a Flux Five this year that is a great pedal in front of the TA.
There's no pent up demand for the BA--they're commonly available for ~$800.

tmac

Goldmember
Platinum Supporting Member
I'd buy a 25W 6V6 King Snake, keep it pretty much the same except for smaller iron and running two 6V6's. 25/10/5 watt settings. single 12 or a head. keep the reverb of course.

This would be more in line with usable power levels for most gigs these days and would make a great grab n go amp. I love my Lone Star Specail but its heavy and bulky.

call it the Coral Snake

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
I'd buy a 25W 6V6 King Snake, keep it pretty much the same except for smaller iron and running two 6V6's. 25/10/5 watt settings. single 12 or a head. keep the reverb of course.

This would be more in line with usable power levels for most gigs these days and would make a great grab n go amp. I love my Lone Star Specail but its heavy and bulky.

call it the Coral Snake
I would buy that the day it came out

Evo5150

I'm just hoping for updates to existing lines, specifically a TA-15mkII with a loop. That's literally all I could want, after the V:25.

Al Rose

Gold Supporting Member

call it the Coral Snake
I'd be in line for that!

Al

Pablomago

Mark V : 25 II voiced for MK 1 overdrive and Fendery clean sounds running 6V6's. Think Carlos and Jerry in one mini amp. Throw the Tweed switch in there as well.

winterblu

Silver Supporting Member
I'm pretty happy with my Rectoverb 25 head so I hope they don't come out with something else that appeals to me as I'd likely end up buying it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom