WoW! Spaceman Effects Releasing

Phineas Ball

Fuzz
Gold Supporting Member
I'm actually quite disappointed to be honest. The availability of these new reissues take away from the Aphelions coolness. I hope this is a Spaceman trend that will pass quickly before too much damage is done to the resale value of his earlier works.
You've got to be kidding. Resale value ≠ coolness. Pedal effects ≠ investment collectibles.

Mosley

Electric Catnip
Platinum Supporting Member
You've got to be kidding. Resale value ≠ coolness. Pedal effects ≠ investment collectibles.
I'm with you man. I'm glad Spaceman is getting into the hands of players, not just being hoarded by "investors".

PerFusionist

Silver Supporting Member
When I said they're noisy, I meant that they're noisy when they're on, not off. There's a lot of white noise and hiss in the background if the vol or gain is up over 6 or so. Also, if you have the tone cranked all the way to one direction or the other, there's a high pitched whirring that sounds sort of like a microphonic tube.

Don't get me wrong, I love those pedals - the Sputnik is probably my 'last pedal standing' pedal. But they're finicky and noisy as hell. It's not that noticeable at high volumes and in a band mix but, in the studio, that noise just jumps out at you.
Yeah, the recording setting is where the noise would be a concern for me. Obviously live it's no big deal. I've just been curious about the Aphelion for so long that I'm excited to try it.

I'm actually quite disappointed to be honest. The availability of these new reissues take away from the Aphelions coolness. I hope this is a Spaceman trend that will pass quickly before too much damage is done to the resale value of his earlier works.
Well, he has said this will be the last run of Aphelions ever. Not that that should concern you. Sorry about your resale value...I guess :dunno

+1...but I suppose this is bound to happen with limited run pedals like this, like it or not.

I'm with you man. I'm glad Spaceman is getting into the hands of players, not just being hoarded by "investors".
Yeah, as I already stated above I'm just really excited to actually have a chance to try this pedal out.

BigDiceBuddha

Silver Supporting Member
I had a SV and and Aphelion, didn't find either noisy. The Aphelion is an awesome pedal- totally unique among OD/distortions.
You responded to a post of mine a couple months back about pairing the Aphelion with the KTR, and that you had that on your board and liked it. I just bought an Aphelion to pair with my KTR, which I was researching when I asked, with the rumor of the upcoming re-release in mind.

I noticed you sold your Aphelion in the emporium not too long after that thread. Do you mind if I ask you why? Any thoughts on the best way to pair them? Which one before or after, using the KTR as a boost, etc... Thanks.

zztomato

You responded to a post of mine a couple months back about pairing the Aphelion with the KTR, and that you had that on your board and liked it. I just bought an Aphelion to pair with my KTR, which I was researching when I asked, with the rumor of the upcoming re-release in mind.

I noticed you sold your Aphelion in the emporium not too long after that thread. Do you mind if I ask you why? Any thoughts on the best way to pair them? Which one before or after, using the KTR as a boost, etc... Thanks.
Strongly considering the new batch. Sold mine only in a moment of foolishness.

335fuzzdelay

Does it hiss? A little, but only when I'm not playing, and since it makes me want to play all the time, it's not a problem at all.

Seriously, I do not like hiss but this thing is so good I don't care that it makes a little hiss.

It does things no other pedal I've tried can do. It can go from crunchy to smooth & singy via vol & tone rollback on the guitar.
I have an original chrome Aphelion and I found it not noisy at all.

The only concern I have about it is that it is really loud. The volume control on mine is always before noon and unity gain is close to the minimum.

Suarkttam

Silver Supporting Member
Anybody recieve any word on when these are shipping, or has anybody gotten one yet?
Well, the pre-order date was September 12th (the day I ordered my White one). And they said they would ship 3-4 weeks after that...which puts the EARLIEST ship date at October 3rd and the latest, October 10th.

BigDiceBuddha

Silver Supporting Member
Well, the pre-order date was September 12th (the day I ordered my White one). And they said they would ship 3-4 weeks after that...which puts the EARLIEST ship date at October 3rd and the latest, October 10th.
Yeah, I never heard anything or recieved any confirmation other than from Paypal saying I made a payment.

Just wondered if anybody heard anything, not impatient or anything.

Suarkttam

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I never heard anything or recieved any confirmation other than from Paypal saying I made a payment.

Just wondered if anybody heard anything, not impatient or anything.
Don't sell yourself short man...I'm as impatient as anyone...I want that damn thing right now. In all honestly though, I don't think there has been any notification except the indication on the site that it would ship about 3-4 weeks after the first presale date...so, that's what I'm going by.

zetamkiii

If you wanted an Aphelion so badly, you could have just bought one on ebay and spared yourself the months of waiting. I would also be willing to wager the originals (depending on how big a deal you make of it in the item description) would have more value than the reissues making them the superior investment.

As I said before this greatly disappoints me. Not only has Spaceman robbed me of my opportunity to make an honest profit off of flipping the first of a newly sold out run of new pedal this holiday season but it looks as if he's also turned his back on his own philosophy of limited edition low quantity, now the Aphelion is peasants tone as far as i'm concerned. Glad I got rid of all mine months ago.

I should have known he would begin straying the moment he started selling T-Shirts. This was a waste of time, his next release had better make up for it.

ItJustRocks

Is this a serious post? Spaceman robbed you of profits? I'm just going to say "wow" and walk away from this one.

If you wanted an Aphelion so badly, you could have just bought one on ebay and spared yourself the months of waiting. I would also be willing to wager the originals (depending on how big a deal you make of it in the item description) would have more value than the reissues making them the superior investment.

As I said before this greatly disappoints me. Not only has Spaceman robbed me of my opportunity to make an honest profit off of flipping the first of a newly sold out run of new pedal this holiday season but it looks as if he's also turned his back on his own philosophy of limited edition low quantity, now the Aphelion is peasants tone as far as i'm concerned. Glad I got rid of all mine months ago.

I should have known he would begin straying the moment he started selling T-Shirts. This was a waste of time, his next release had better make up for it.

Empros

So he robbed you of making a profit? Yikes. How sad that you're not in an exclusive club anymore. Your pedal sucks now because other people have it too.
This is almost as bad as your post about how you would never spend under $200 on a dirt pedal because the price means they don't have vintage parts.

la noise

Come on, Empros. We all know that T-shirt sales are the first sign of decline for
a niche pedal-builder. It's not an historical anomaly. The precedent was set
a long time ago when Roger Mayer started selling those Octavia T-shirts way back
when.

:eeks

bt2513

I could see someone being upset if they just shelled out $400+ for an Aphelion but that post above is just plain ignorant.

Suarkttam

Silver Supporting Member
Come on, Empros. We all know that T-shirt sales are the first sign of decline for
a niche pedal-builder. It's not an historical anomaly. The precedent was set
a long time ago when Roger Mayer started selling those Octavia T-shirts way back
when.

:eeks
There are so many things to love about this...

Mosley

Electric Catnip

I'm glad Spaceman is getting away from this demographic, this is just too many bad vibes. The production numbers are still incredibly low, and now simply in line with the 90s boutique builders, like Klon and Way Huge.
The Spaceman investment craze is unfortunate, because the circuits are great and the build quality is amazing and I personally believe the designs will become classics over the years, but not if people keep hoarding them and nobody is able to play them.

Also, he's been selling shirts since the beginning...

Trending Topics