• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Wrathchild (Iron Maiden) vs. Ace of Spades (Motorhead)

Wrathchild vs. Ace of Spades

• Wrathchild (Iron Maiden)

• Ace of Spades (Motorhead)

Results are only viewable after voting.

airwarrior

I've never thought of Motorhead as heavy metal. I don't even think they think of themselves as metal.

That said, Ace of Spades FTW.

?&!

That's like asking me to choose between one of my nuts. I couldn't imagine being without either one.

deluxemeat

depends- is it the re-recorded version w/ bruce bruce singin' over the bed tracks from the killers version?

cos that one is awesome!

Release

I gotta go with Maiden here.... but winning by jussssst a hair.

How about a choice between Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" and Priest's "Beyond The Realms of Death"? That would be much closer in styles.

TaronKeim

Sorry fellas, true metal head here with no love for Iron Maiden, can't get into the music or the vocals: although I will give them the credit for triplet playing/galloping in metal.

Motorhead all the way, I like my classic metal'n'roll, their crusty style is still unique in the realm of all things heavy.

Another awesome Lemmy fronted track is Shake Your Blood by Dave Grohls' Probot - give it a listen if you've got the time.

_TJK*

twinrider1

What is Motorhead? Basic RnR? Punk Rock with balls? Mosh?

I like my metal, but I had to vote for AoS. Lemmy rules.

Bankston

Since when is Motorhead NOT considered a metal band?

This is a fair comparison, since both songs blend metal with some punk influence. I'll take Wrathchild just because I'm a huge Maiden fan, but Ace of Spades is a frakking good song.

Bankston

Sorry fellas, true metal head here with no love for Iron Maiden, can't get into the music or the vocals: although I will give them the credit for triplet playing/galloping in metal.

Motorhead all the way, I like my classic metal'n'roll, their crusty style is still unique in the realm of all things heavy.

Another awesome Lemmy fronted track is Shake Your Blood by Dave Grohls' Probot - give it a listen if you've got the time.

_TJK*
A true metal head and you DON'T like Maiden?

To each his own and you like what you like, but I don't get that one.

I agree about that track Lemmy did with Grohl; it's awesome. Reminder to self: go buy the Probot CD.

Polynitro

depends- is it the re-recorded version w/ bruce bruce singin' over the bed tracks from the killers version?

cos that one is awesome!
Or not...I hate when Bruce does Dianno songs. The first 2 albums are Maidens best. Bruce is good but Paul Dianno FTW.

Brooks

can't choose one over the other, both are some of my fave metal tunes.

Or not...I hate when Bruce does Dianno songs. The first 2 albums are Maidens best. Bruce is good but Paul Dianno FTW.

big +1, i prefer the sound of dianno's voice. and lemmy's!

as for probot, the lemmy track was the only one worth a crap IMFO, don't buy the cd, just download "shake your blood".

'70 RS

Thank you.
Maiden died after 'Killers'.

That said, I can't vote on this one....my two favorite Punk/Metal songs? That's like choosing between twins.

Ides of March

Wrathchild, first because it comes after the brilliant instrumental used as my username.

Second because Paul DiAnno ****ing rules and so does that lineup of Iron Maiden. Can't beat Killers.

R

roomservice

you are trying to compare one of the worlds all time greatest three minutes with Iron Maiden????

hahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahhahahahaa
hahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhha
ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trending Topics