WTB a DeArmond 210 soundhole pickup

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by leodiditright, Oct 7, 2008.

1. leodiditright

leodiditright Supporting Member

Where can I buy a DeArmond 210 for my 1930's Tonk American (made by Regal) parlor little beast?

2. jpfeiff

jpfeiff Member

They come up on eBay quite often. I've got one in my 1930's L-00 and absolutely LOVE the warm sound through an old tube amp.

3. zombywoof

zombywoof Member

I have picked up several by buying old clunker guitars that have them slapped across the soundhole.

There were three versions of the 210. The earliest version did not have adjustable pole pieces. On the second (my favorite) all six of the pole pieces are visible. On the last version, the pole piece beneath the B string is beneath the cover plate and not visible.

4. leodiditright

leodiditright Supporting Member

The second version is also my favorite and the one I'm looking for.

5. johnnyjellybean

johnnyjellybean Member

I have a NOS of the one without the B pole. I PM'd you my email.

6. drive-south

drive-south Member

Is anyone familiar with a Dearmond pickup that is ultra thin and often attached to National Resos? It has ears that stick out each side. Some people literally drilled holes in the soundhole rosette and attached these to flat-tops. The reason I ask is I have one at home I bought to use with a Dobro years ago and it has been sitting in a drawer ever since. It came witih a chrome control panel with vol/tone and clear knobs.

I've searched the net and have yet to find one like it.

drive-south

7. Alvis

Alvis Member

If you mean these,your best bet is to be on the hunt for a 60s harmony solidbody and scavenge 'em off there.I guess I was lucky and started stockpiling before ebay and every US made 60s piece of equipment became "vintage",even kids guitars

In fact ,about 10 years ago people were callin up National ,asking them what pickup I was using .They didn't know.I got the idea from Bonnie Raitt.I saw a pic of Bonnie with one on a National in an old German guitar mag.I've seen people stick other pickups in there ,real bad coverplate butchery and stuff like that
    Actually I recall trying some old Teisco pickup 20+ years ago ,but it didn't work well .It was just an inferior pickup.The DeArmond sure did the trick

[​IMG]

I like a DeArmond in my 12 string too.It may be just me ,but I end up with grounding issues If use these pickup on a non-tailpiece guitar

[​IMG]

8. johneeeveee

johneeeveee Member

Hey Alvin,
    Is that 12 string your Fraulini?
    Thanks - jv

9. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

alvis, i simply can't get over how cool your pics are.

10. Alvis

Alvis Member

Yep that's the Frau