WTB: inexpensive delay sought be delay newbie

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
I can't afford state of the art but don't want something cheap sounding either. Can be road worn and remain perfectly OK. What have you got?

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
A DD3 at 65 bucks is a very good deal.

Otherwise, an Ibanez DE7 or a Digitech Digidelay. . .

mad dog

Gold Supporting Member
I am quite impressed with an '80s Ibanez DL10 delay picked up on the bay for 70 bucks. 600 ms delay possible, beautiful analog sound (but it's digital), adds some body to your tone at lower volumes. Quiet, small and convenient. Tonewise it's right up there with all the high-priced stuff.

KCWM

I like the danelectro dan-echo. I don't notice too much of a change to my sound when I use it.

Though, I am looking for a new delay myself.

jmburke

Try the Rocktron Short Timer Delay, it's a great pedal! and like $60 so you can't beat that. I have 2!

-Jason

blood5150

I am quite impressed with an '80s Ibanez DL10 delay picked up on the bay for 70 bucks. 600 ms delay possible, beautiful analog sound (but it's digital), adds some body to your tone at lower volumes. Quiet, small and convenient. Tonewise it's right up there with all the high-priced stuff.

I have one of these as well.... it is the most analog sounding digital delay pedal ive ever heard... good little secret pedal....

when you say 600ms possible does that mean there is a trimpot in there somewhere??

I never looked...

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
Gotta add the CD10 Delay Champ (analog) to the mix also- can be had for around 80-100 on the bay.

mad dog

Gold Supporting Member
Hey blood: I remembered reading that the max delay time for the DL10 was 600ms. could be wrong on that ... I usually have the time dial turned 3/4 up or a touch more. Haven't looked inside the pedal yet.

Trending Topics