www.ceriatone.NET ?

aT19er

It looks like an expansion of the main ceriatone site, but more like a storefront site. Anyone know anything?

Blakemore

Silver Supporting Member
Looks awesome!
Much easier to operate and decipher the options.
I'm excited for more updates

wizard_23

I think it's just a US Dealer site more so than something Nik has actually come up with?

We are the exclusive US Dealer of Ceriatone Amplifiers. We take pre-orders at a discount saving you your hard earned money. We are independent of www.ceriatone.com, and are not owned in whole or part by Ceriatone and/or Nik Azam, the designer/owner of Ceriatone Amplification.

webs

Silver Supporting Member
I'm confused as to why I'd buy from this dealer instead of directly from Nik. The prices are higher across the board, even for DIY kits without any wait time. Shipping from Ceriatone has always been very fast, so you're not even saving time unless they have something in stock that takes Ceriatone a while to make.

I don't feel the need to pass any judgement - but claiming that their prices are lower, when anyone can check the original site and see that they aren't, is not a good way to get business. It would be great if the prices actually reflected the claim!

Edit: See post below. Prices seem about even once postage is included. Also, in case it wasn't clear, or for the reading impaired, I'm not trying to insult anyone here. Just trying to understand the benefits of ordering from either service.

Last edited:

jamiefbolton

I'm confused as to why I'd buy from this dealer instead of directly from Nik. The prices are higher across the board, even for DIY kits without any wait time. Shipping from Ceriatone has always been very fast, so you're not even saving time unless they have something in stock that takes Ceriatone a while to make.

I don't feel the need to pass any judgement - but claiming that their prices are lower, when anyone can check the original site and see that they aren't, is not a good way to get business. It would be great if the prices actually reflected the claim!
i haven't done the math, but are you talking prices with shipping included?

hop

Two months ago I got a quote from Nik for ~$1500 to my door (complete amp, UPS, customs, etc.) for a Yeti 100. The same through .net is $1361.

That math is pretty simple to understand.

tritone 6

Two months ago I got a quote from Nik for ~$1500 to my door (complete amp, UPS, customs, etc.) for a Yeti 100. The same through .net is $1361.

That math is pretty simple to understand.
This is interesting....i thought the prices looked higher too on .net.
It must be the shipping that puts getting it from Nik over the top.
I'm still confused a little though....

webs

Silver Supporting Member
I was looking at the shipping incorrectly (darn metric system!) - with the shipping included for both prices, it looks like the .net prices come out close to even on the kits, and with some savings on the completed amps.

For example, the SSS is $1999 from .net, and 1650 plus 255 shipping from Nik. So, you're saving $5. Not a huge amount, but if the .net people buy in bulk and keep them in stock, you'll have it in a week instead of the 6 weeks + shipping time direct from Nik.

The 5E3 kit is 267 shipped from .net, and 269 shipped from Nik. Shipping time shouldn't be much different on those.

The 5F4, completed, is 1058 shipped from Nik and 1015 from .net.

A DC30 2x12, finished, is 1443 from Nik and 1391 from .net.

So it looks like the prices are about the same for the kits but you'll hopefully get them faster from the .net distributor if they're buying in bulk and keeping stock on hand. Not bad. For most of the completed amps, you'll save some money from the .net people.

Last edited:

gitdude

I bought an OTS from the ceriatone.net guys. Nik knows them as they are an authorized dealer, I wrote him and asked. Their prices are a little lower as they get a dealer's discount.

I saved a little under a hundred or so on it. To me it's worth it. Nik built it. Nik shipped it. I just ordered thru an authorized US dealer and saved money. Plus the guys there gave me some help in choosing the right amp.

It's a no brainer.

gitdude

They are just a US Dealer of Ceriatone. I bought an amp from them a few months ago and got it no problem and saved a little $$. When I wrote Nik about them, before I bought from them, he said they are on the up and up and are a legit dealer of Ceriatone amps.

BTW, I got a plain OTS head, what a freaking tonal palate this thing has! Doesn't have reverb, but I knew that going in, and for the price? Who cares? Good reverb pedals are cheap. I ended up getting a MojoVerb and love it.

hop

I can't seem to get a message through to .net via their "contact us" form. Anyone else try and fail or is it just me?

gitdude

Their prices are lower, from 5-10% off the list, not including the shipping. It took me a while to figure it out.

So to the guy that says they are higher across the board, that is flat wrong. Whether you like what they're doing or not, it's legal, authorized and they are cheaper, so we should stick to facts and truth.

I don't understand the dissing' of people starting a business like it's a bad thing they're doing. In a free market economy it's called providing a service and making a profit. I'm buying a kit from them to build though it's a simple one, not an OTS.

Also, anyone heard anything about HipKitty amps?

gitdude

the dudes from ceriatone.net wrote me back and said the contact form is now working and I tried it and it does.

Is HipKitty a Marshally amp?

Blakemore

Silver Supporting Member
So I'm confused, do you get it any faster than just ordering from ceriatone?
No, I dont believe so.

It looks as if it will still take 4-6 weeks to build and it will come to you directly from Nik at Ceriatone. However... you will save a few bucks and the headache of navigating and adding/subtracting prices on amps and shipping etc etc on ceriatone.com's webpage and then emailing back and forth with Nik for a final total and order confirmation.

I've done business with Nik before and it was a pleasure, but it was confusing with all the emailing back and forth through a big time zone difference. It just left for longer communication time before the amp was even started being built. Nik was great about emailing back, but still took some time to get everything finalized.

www.ceriatone.net seems so much more streamlined and user friendly and you also save a few bucks... you cannot beat that!!

Trending Topics