X2 Wireless "Upgrade" cable problem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dosmun, Jan 2, 2008.

1. dosmun

dosmun Member

I built a couple of my own cables using the the locking plugs I got from Markertek. The problem I just discovered is the locking collar doesn't screw on far enough to lock the plug tight and it can pull out 1 notch and disconnect. Anyone else have this problem? The plug I used looks just like the others I see for sale.

For those with after market cables give it a pull and see if the plug pulls out just a bit. I didn't notice this first few times I used it.

2. dosmun

dosmun Member

3. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

I got the "stock" pre-made upgrade cable and it the locking plug goes in fully and doesn't pull up at all.

4. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

highly recommend getting one from lavacable - w/ EA Melody cord and good end - cheaper than the upgrade cable from X2, classier, better...!

5. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

When I got mine (right angle) Lava didn't have his available. But I should be taking delivery today or tomorrow of a straight plug one that I recently ordered from Mark. Dana, if I experience the same issue with the new one as you're having with yours, I'll post here again.