1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

X2 Wireless "Upgrade" cable problem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dosmun, Jan 2, 2008.

1. dosmun

dosmun Member

I built a couple of my own cables using the the locking plugs I got from Markertek. The problem I just discovered is the locking collar doesn't screw on far enough to lock the plug tight and it can pull out 1 notch and disconnect. Anyone else have this problem? The plug I used looks just like the others I see for sale.

For those with after market cables give it a pull and see if the plug pulls out just a bit. I didn't notice this first few times I used it.

2. dosmun

dosmun Member

3. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

I got the "stock" pre-made upgrade cable and it the locking plug goes in fully and doesn't pull up at all.

4. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

highly recommend getting one from lavacable - w/ EA Melody cord and good end - cheaper than the upgrade cable from X2, classier, better...!

5. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

When I got mine (right angle) Lava didn't have his available. But I should be taking delivery today or tomorrow of a straight plug one that I recently ordered from Mark. Dana, if I experience the same issue with the new one as you're having with yours, I'll post here again.