X3 Live: Possible to skip AMP models to 1/4" AND use the AMP for the XLR out?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Nick Sorenson, May 2, 2016.

1. Nick Sorenson

Nick Sorenson Rocketfire Guitars Supporting Member

I'd guess this would be a dual tone setup. But two questions:
    1. Assuming single tone, is there a way to skip the AMP model to the 1/4" Jack to my real amp while sending through an AMP model to the XLR for the FOH sound?

2. If #1 (single tone only) is a NO, can I change FX parameters on both tones at once? i.e. turn on/off the drive or pedal on both tones.

2. Madmax25

Madmax25 Member

I have the X3 and love it. But the control aspect of all the possibilities it offers isn't great.

As far as I'm aware:

1. No. You can only bypass the CAB modelling on a single tone. Not the amp, AFAIK

2. No. Not as far as pressing the single stompbox switch to turn the drive pedal on/off for both tones at once. But I guess you could use the expression pedal to turn the drive or the mix parameter for the stompbox effect up simulatinously on both tones. Haven't tried it though.

3. Nick Sorenson

Nick Sorenson Rocketfire Guitars Supporting Member

Thanks! I suppose the best option is to just mic the live amp like with the usual pedalboard and amp rig. It'll sound better that way anyways, but I like the option to use the POD's XLR if desired. Could be a good mix of both real and emulation.