Xenforo Errors/bugs/issues

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by Scott Peterson, May 18, 2015.

1. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Have you tried using the "Thread Display Options" tab at the bottom of the section?
    Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 21.25.56 .png
    You can expand it, tweak your sort order, and click on "Set Options".
    Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 21.26.04 .png
    Not positive that'll do what you want but it's worth a try.

slybird likes this.
  2. slybird

slybird Member

Thank you for replying. Doesn't seem to remember my preference after I exit the sub-forum. Always reverts to default of sorting by 'last message time'.

3. cpa2guitar

cpa2guitar Member

I don't know if this is the correct place to report this, so I may also report this elsewhere.

I mostly access The Gear Page from my i-Phone, but lately it has become almost impossible to do this due to the following problem that occurs every few minutes:

A pop-up box appears that says:

"Congratulations!

Amazon.com user!
    You've been selected as a winner for today's free $1,000 Amazon Gift Card, Apple iPhone X 256G or Samsung Galaxy S8!

Please click OK to claim your prize before we give it away to somebody else!

CLOSE"

When this pop-up box appears, my i-Phone screen locks up. Clicking "CLOSE" does not close the pop-up box; rather it takes me to another website that continues the scam.

This problem only occurs when I use Safari on my i-Phone to access the TPG website. It never occurs on any other website; therefore, I believe the malware is on one of the TPG servers, not on my i-Phone.

Would you please advise what can be done to correct this problem.

Thanks

4. spiral

spiral Member

This happened for me too on Android using Chrome a few months back. Likely some bad ads in the ad network, and not much TGP can do about it, I don't think, as it's coming from the ad partner. Clear the browser cache once you do get the window closed.

5. cpa2guitar

cpa2guitar Member

Thanks! I'll try that.

6. slybird

slybird Member

Is there a work around to add emoji to our comments?

7. lefort_1

lefort_1 Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt Gold Supporting Member

I have a couple in my imgur account I will use infrequently, formatted as GIFs.

I use the IMG tags around it (imagine the following, W/O the SPACES :

[ IMG } https:// i.imgur.com/ 9zJmoRv.gif [ /IMG }

It makes this
    [​IMG]

8. lefort_1

I've been having an issue with cut-n-paste taken from a TGP thread-post (not the title, etc).

System:
    Desktop, using Win7Pro/IE11 (sorry, I gotta... to have sw compatable at home withwork... otherwise my HIPAA-security won't work.)

Interactive setup :
    I see a name of a pedal I want to look into, but the name is 47 characters long.
    So rather than type all that, I use <left mouse drag>=Select, <cntl-C> in TGP
    then <cntl-V> into a Google input widget.

Symptom :
    Instead of the 47-character selection I had highlighted, I get the entire flippin SENTENCE it was in.

I guess I could type it all out, as it takes more time to pare the sentence down than it might to type 47 characters, but I'm a lazy good-fer-nothing old goat and I feel entitled to not have the functionality of my cut-n-paste buffer overridden. ENTITLED, I SAY !!!

j/k

Anyway, '47 characters' isn't a requirement... it happens with any cntl-C/cntl-V I try... from a TGP post-area... I can't replicate this anywhere outside TGP, and I used to be a SW QA Engr.

IFYI: I had been a desk-top-only/ever user, using defaults in my TGP Preferences until about 1 week ago, when I found myself sitting and waiting almost 3 hours for a tire-change at the local tire-changer, so I logged in on my Samsung 6 and I did select 'Mobile' as a Preference... it seems like the problem on the desk top started after that. I have reset the Preference to "TGP" (the generic entry, about 5 entries down, roughly) but that did not seem to rectify the issue.

Any ideas?

9. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Hmmm. I do selective copy/paste pretty regularly and it works as expected on a variety of OS / browser combinations.

10. lefort_1

I agree, it'd be odd for just my OS/Browser to misbehave on something so basic.
    Any chance there were any changes to text-selection highlighting/redrawing during a series of mouse-clicks?
    Sometimes it seems like I have to make one more click to hover/click-over a single word and have it (alone) highlighted... I think it used to be a doble-click, and now it seems to be three... like it takes on more to set the input focus to a specific window.

Come to think of it, I have noticed one other non-TGP oddity in the past few days... If I open a new tab, and put my cursor QUICKLY over the google toolbar/input box, click once (again, right after I start up) and start typing.... the text will just go into the ether.
    I remember a few years back when MS got caught warping the cursor out of google gadgets (and to the IE addy-window) in an effort to promote Bing via extra hits/queries.

It almost feels like that, except the text selction/highlight/entire-sentence thing only happens from a TGP window... so far.