Xenforo How-To Survival Guide

Discussion in '"How To" Tips for the new Software' started by Scott Peterson, May 14, 2015.

1. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I was talking about watched threads and sections, not following people. I don't follow anyone so honestly have no experience with how that function works.

2. UsableThought

UsableThought Supporting Member

Ahh - sorry, thought that was clear. It's a long thread & I got into the middle - you had replied to someone "You get alerts when they post" and I mistook this for following members.

So my guess is, this functionality of following persons exists only in that their is a page in preferences for following members - but the alerts part of it has not been turned on. From my Googling, I believe it has been enabled on other forums using this platform. And it wouldn't make sense to have a setting for following particular members if it didn't do anything. So - is there a way someone can look into turning it on for us too? It is a "nice to have" and would be very handy.

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I have to look into it.

UsableThought likes this.
  4. UsableThought

UsableThought Supporting Member

5. Mookyshoots

Mookyshoots Supporting Member

I've noticed recently that I'll stop getting notifications on threads I'm following, but as soon as I go and log in on the site, they start flowing to my email again for a day or so before they stop again. Really odd.

6. Mtthw

Mtthw Member

This may have been covered and I missed it, pardon the interruption if so, where can I see how many views a post gets when I'm selling a piece of gear?

thanks,
    Matt