• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Xerograph Deluxe vs Wah

thinkwriter

Hi folks! The IE Xerograph Deluxe looks cool although the material on the interweb is lacking. There are a lot of demos with bass but not enough for guitar. In any case, I am thinking of replacing my Crybaby with this thing. I figure I can get unique wah sounds via the expression pedal control with the addition of the envelope follower for diverse sounds. That would be sweet! But is the control via EP the same as rocking a wah back and forth? Xerograph owners, please chime in here.

And why is it from their website it appears the Xerograph is designed more for bass than guitar?

Last edited:

Lintybits

I got one recently, it's a pretty crazy filter. Sounds great on guitar, I use it for stranger sounds so not sure how well it does normal wah stuff.

I haven't tried an expression pedal with it yet but can tonight when I get to my practice space. If I don't reply here shoot me a pm

thinkwriter

I would love to hear your thoughts. I am also on the list for the AMT wah and volume pedal. But if the Xero can work as a wah -- even if it is a different, wacky kind -- then I would skip the AMT wah and just get the volume pedal.

I will message you. Thanks!

ERGExplorer

Although they will definitely sound different (resonant 4-pole lowpass filter, similar to the Moog synth filter, versus the wah's bandpass filter), the expression pedal will work like the wah's treadle.

As for why Taylor's website makes it seem like he's more dedicated to bass effects, that's because he is. He's a regular poster on Talkbass.

However, that doesn't mean the effect doesn't work on guitar, any more than a guitar effect won't work with bass.

For what it's worth, I will sometimes use my Behringer BSY600 (the copy of the Boss SYB-5) and an expression pedal for a compact resonance filter. Not boutique, but sounds great!

Trending Topics