Xmas Gift- Dano Cool Cat Drive v.1

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by forgivenman, Dec 25, 2009.

1. forgivenman

forgivenman Supporting Member

My wife picked this up for me for $25 from a local music store. I spent an our playing it with the controls all set at noon. I tried it with my Gibby LP Classic (with Duncan Phat Cat 90's), My '62 Vintage RI Strat, and my Peavey HP Special CT, and all I can say is WOW. I never moved the knobs, not once! It just sounds soooo good. It's one of those pedals that just makes you want to play your guitar. The drive (which I only had turned half way up) is very crisp and defined but produces lots of sustain at the same time. I really liked the tonal impact it had on each guitars tone as well. I set it at unity gain and while it added some dirt to my signal, it also added it's own mojo as well.

VERY cool pedal from a very cool wife- who had a baby less than a week ago on top of everything else.

Maybe I'm amazed...!

2. Bluedano1

Bluedano1 Member

I dig my Dano Drive (V.1) pedal- Had mine a few months and like it mucho. I have the Transparent OD too and it seems like the Drive pedal (at lower Gain settings) can replicate what the TOD does, should you want to just use it as a cleanish boost-it has a lot of headroom, but open up the Gain and it crunches nicely...also the Tone control has good range to it and honestly is not the "thorn in the ass" concentric Bass/Treble layout (but equally wide range) knobs of the TOD-both pedals are "cheap grooveness"

3. kleydj13

kleydj13 Member

I just picked up a cool cat drive on eBay for $37 shipped. I'm excited for it to come as I've heard a lot of great things. I've been watching it on auctions for a while and since V.2 Dano's came out the V.1 prices have actually come up a little... I guess a lot of people are excited about these Cool Cat pedals.

4. theGhost

theGhost Supporting Member

wait for it...

... with enough time, someone is going to come in complaining about the cloned circuit's off of PaulC's Tim/Timmy...

5. ToneHero

ToneHero Member

Dude, i dig the cool cat drive tones. I think it sounds great and the build inst all that bad.

6. csills

csills Member

well they shouldnt.

this ones an OCD clone.

7. ToneHero

ToneHero Member

Indeed it is. I never did buy one. I got it for free.

8. csills

csills Member

i have one as well. it is a great little pedal. i used it alot when my band recorded last week.

9. kev324

kev324 Supporting Member

I have the v2 and I don't find it very useful to me. I'm thinking about picking up a v1 to mess with. To my ears, the Drive, TOD, and Distortion all sound similiar, just different gain levels.