(Xotic BB) - Little Box! BIG SOUND!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Sep 24, 2005.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

This pedal is blowing me away every time I play through it.. It has that Dumble Amp sound down to a tee.. I'm going to change my Comments on Xotics website to add the BB Preamp as probably my new favorite pedal.. WOW!! Xotic really nailed this one down.. Thank you Xotic

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

2. Jim

Jim Member

How does it compare to the AC?

Jim

3. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Has more power, and output.. The AC is more open sounding, and not as tight on the bottom end.. I love the AC a lot, but I'm thinking now that if I only could take one pedal I would take the BB Preamp because it's one of those pedal you could get a great sound out of, no matter what amp you used.. And it even cleans up better than the AC.. If you have the gain on the BB turned down it almost sound a lot like the RC, like a good clean boost..

Like the Title says (Xotic BB) Little Box! BIG SOUND!! It makes your notes get bigger, and expand.. It really has that Dumble Amp sound, natural sustain..

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I love the BB, but still favor the AC.

The BB sounds "tighter" and more compressed, though not in a bad way. I just have a serious love for the AC with all my amps.

I do think they both have their place, and for single note stuff; the BB wins hands down. For chords, I tend to favor the AC.

I am a true Xotic believer; RC, AC and BB. They just do it for me.

Just my 2 cents.

5. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Your right Scott about the AC being very nice for chords, and the AC has been my favorite along with my Red Snapper, but you can get some nice chord sounds with the BB with the drive at very low setting, and for single line stuff the BB does win.. The BB makes your lead notes sound bigger.. And it defently has more power, and ouput than the AC.. I opened it up and noticed they are using two IC chips in the BB..

6. joek86

joek86 Supporting Member

I have the RC and the BB and like them both. I lay both of them over a barely distorting amp tone. But, I mainly use the
    RC over clean tones and to add more gain to leads.

I have never tried the AC, I guess I am using my Gainster for the job that the AC would do.

Can anyone give me a comparison between the two?

7. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I've been watching the Allen Hinds videos demoing the BB, He makes it sound so good, I'm tempted to try it my self.

How do you think it would work with a Fender Deluxe Reverb RI I like the Vibrato channel including the bright cap but I know some pedals will not work right in that channel.

I just picked up a Digitech Bad Monkey and I have to say that pedal sounds great in the DRRI no Issues with it being shrill it sounds just as good as my Barber Silver LTD!

8. LaXu

LaXu Member

I'd be interested to hear what the BB sounds compared to the Bad Monkey.

9. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I wouldn't even compair them.. They are EQ'd completly different.. The BB IMO is just such a good powerful pedal that lets your notes sing and sustain for days.. Yes it does sound good through a blackface, but I haven't tried it yet on the Vibrato channel yet, but I'm shure it will sound very good.. I haven't been able to make this pedal sound bad yet... If you haven't tried this pedal yet please do, it is all Dumble tone in a very small box..

10. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Look forward to more of your review can you post back after you tried it in the Vibrato channel! I'm real close to pulling the trigger on the BB!

11. Unburst

Unburst Member

How are you using your BB?

Clean amp? Crunchy?