Xotic BB Plus

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bunny101412, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Bunny101412

Bunny101412 Member

Does anybody have one of these yet? If so how does it sound?

2. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

I got one a few weeks ago...GREAT PEDAL! The A Channel is set up pretty much like the original BB Preamp except it has a single tone control instead of treble and bass. The B Channel has even more gain and separate treble, bass, and mid controls...both channels have a switch for soft/hard compression, and you can stack the channels in either configuration A>B or B>A. So many tonal options, it's pretty ridiculous how many different sounds you can get. It also has one of the best finishes I've ever seen on a pedal...burnt orange metallic finish.

3. Kenster

Kenster Member

I'm thinking of getting one of these. I borrowed a friends regular BB and really love this pedal. Especially since it has treble and bass controls. Doesn't the A side have a push button switch for 2 frequencies of bass boost. I'm a bit concerned without the bass control I may loose a little of the right bottom end frequency. Unless of course that switch boosts it right.

4. Gtrman100

Gtrman100 Member

+1 with lifeinsong- a totally cool pedal. I agree with his assessment, there are lots of different sounds with this puppy. You can use either channel as a boost or od/dis.

I love it because it give me nice amp-like crunchy rhythm using just channel A, a Marshall like od using just channel B, or a sustaining lead tone using both. (I have it set up Chan A>Chan B)

It's the best od/dis pedal I've heard.

5. Jay Strange

Jay Strange Member

Is it noisy? I had a BB Pre before and found it noisy. How about the soft/hard com? That was my other issue was I thought it compressed too much.

6. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

My BB is not noisy at all.

????

7. Gtrman100

Gtrman100 Member

Even when gain is up, it's reasonably quiet- better than my Boss and Ibanez pedals.

8. Jay Strange

Jay Strange Member

Compression?? Same as the BB preamp??

9. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

I'd say that with the pedal on the hard setting, it's about the same amount of compression as the BB Preamp, and with the soft setting it's got a little less... just about the right amount to me.

There is no bass boost, only soft/hard compression and the button that controls the channel configuration. It sounds HUGE and is relatively quiet for the amount of gain that it has. Just so you know...I LOVE the BB Preamp, but I gotta say that I think I like this one even more. Hopefully sometime soon Xotic will post some video testimonials on their website. I saw a few demos on youtube that Tomo did so I decided to take the plunge, so glad I did.

10. on a wave

on a wave Member

looks like what i have been after.....

i was thinking about getting either a tim or a ac booster to with my bb pre-amp for sometimes more gain when stacked or less when using just pedal by itself. this pedal might of solved that issue...