• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Xotic BB preamp MB vs Maxon 820

Sheppard93

Hey folks. So I have a Maxon 820 and it’s a very nice pedal.
I play a Charvel socal through a Ceriatone Yeticabra (chupa/yeti hybrid) and I want an OD basically just for a lead boost.
I have an opportunity to trade for the Xotic. I’m wondering if anyone has experience with the two. Basically I’m looking for a lead tone that really pops but still has a nice weight to it. I’d like for picked notes to have a lot of snap to them. Seems like the BB can be dialed in better and may be better if I want a pedal to turn the plexi channel into more of a fire breather without blowing the roof off the house. (Although this particular setup will be exclusively for live playing). Any input would help greatly.
As a reference, some examples of tones I love are Uli Roth, George Lynch, the Ozzy guys… just a nice singing lead tone with balls.

brian_ward

i have the bb mb. I dont use it for that application but i can say that the mid knob center frequency is like 1.5k and can really push notes out front. i cannot comment on differences between the two pedals unfortunately.

Sheppard93

i have the bb mb. I dont use it for that application but i can say that the mid knob center frequency is like 1.5k and can really push notes out front. i cannot comment on differences between the two pedals unfortunately.
Thanks for the input. This is a very tough decision

Top Bottom