Xotic BB+

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by underdog, Sep 6, 2008.

1. underdog

underdog Member

hey! I'm thinking of buying this pedal but not sure that this is the one for me. so I have some questions...

1)Is this really sounds like marshalls?
    2)What's the drive range of the Channel B?
    3)How it's react to your guitar's volume pot?
    4)How it sounds through a solid state amp with sparky cleans?

any other pros & cons?

by the way, sorry if there is already a threat for this

thanks.

2. stratman0602

stratman0602 Member

3. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

Here's my take on the BB+:

1. I didn't think it sounded like a Marshall per se. It had a thickness and compression to the tone that I couldn't get along with. I generally equate Marshalls with being more articulate. I guess it depends on the model of Marshall though.

2. Both channels are capable of getting a lot of gain. The gain jumps pretty fast though. When dialed in though, the lead tones are excellent and it sustains like you wouldn't believe. I just couldn't balance that with what I wanted from my rhythm tones.

3. I didn't think it responded all that well to the volume knob on my guitar. That was the thing that made me get rid of it. I couldn't get it to clean up like I wanted. That and the fact that the leaps in volume and gain were a bit to drastic for me.

4. Not sure how it would do with a solid-state amp since I never played it through one.

Overall, I thought it was a good pedal if you're requirements are mid-to-high gain applications and using the guitars volume knob was a rarity. I really liked it at first but the lack of dynamics and the drastic leaps in volume and gain made me sell it.

4. underdog

underdog Member

5. underdog

underdog Member

thank you for sparing some time to this very helpful post.

6. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

No problem. Good luck!