Xotic EP Booster with separate Gain and volume knobs...

a1briz

Platinum Supporting Member
does one exist..?

I've been having a shootout with my EP Booster, TC Spark Booster, and Wampler Tumnus.

I think if the EP Booster had separate knobs for gain and volume it would just slay.

Enusire

I think if the EP Booster had separate knobs for gain and volume it would just slay.
PLEASE XOTIC DO THIS. But still in mini sized format. That would be absolutely

A W E S O M E ! :)

Anyone else would buy such an EP Booster?

Onemileguy

I have a EP booster circuit from resuggan audio that has booth gain and volume, he made it part of a dual overdrive but he also makes a dedicated one. I love it, best thing I bought in a while.

rhoydotp

PLEASE XOTIC DO THIS. But still in mini sized format. That would be absolutely

A W E S O M E ! :)

Anyone else would buy such an EP Booster?
Just recently traded my original EP Booster but I would definitely reconsider getting this "new" pedal :aok

feet

Gold Supporting Member
i once asked about xotic modding the ep booster to add a second control. here's what they told me:

I see you point but the beauty of the EP is simplicity. Also. an extra knob for the volume control will change the sound.
so there you have it. maybe things have changed since, but i doubt it. as for the rc booster, it is not an ep booster with extra controls. here's what they had to say about that:

They are different in sound. The RC is a bit tighter sounding. it's mainly the bass characteristic.
The RC offers again knob which can generate a fair amount of grits as well.
i still own a few iterations of both. lovely pedals. not the same. whatever this speakeasy is, i suppose i should take a look. if only for curiosity's sake, though i'm content as is.

wundergussy

Silver Supporting Member
The Speakeasy is (apparently, I don't own it) an EP-style boost but with the addition of a gain and hi-cut knob.

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
I just compared two pedals side by side with the EP Booster to see how close I could get them to sound to it.

I adjusted my Spark Booster to sound very close to my EP Booster. Here are the settings I ended up with:

Switch - Clean
Gain - 9:00
Bass - 3:00
Treble - 1:00
Level - Volume as needed at 12:00 and up

My Scott Henderson Signature RC Booster with it's second Gain channel can be adjusted to sound closer than the regular RC Booster to the EP Booster. Here are the settings I ended up with:

2nd Gain - On and it's small Gain knob set at 9:00.
Large Gain knob - All the way down
Treble and Bass - 12:00
Volume - As needed at 12:00 and up

Enjoy! :D

Trending Topics