• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Xotic X-Blender????

akagilligan

I'd like one on these for my acoustic pedalboard so I can toy with some modulation/delay/dirt in parallel. I have a few questions. My signal chain is clean. I saw some threads pertaining to electric and was curious how it would fit with acoustic?

Is it quiet?

Does it color sound?

It would be right before a buffered volume pedal. Good buffer? Transparent?

Anything I'm missing that might not make this a good fit?

Any reason to place big sky reverb at end of effects loop in this loop?

Thank you

Dharmajester

If you don't need the frills the Mosquito is meticulously put together, tiny footprint and does the job perfectly.

shoepedals

I've had the x blender for years. It does what it says really. I find it works very well also as a signal combiner too.

muddy

the schism xv uses burr browns, has makeup gain, it sonically makes your fx sound better. does WONDERS for strymon's lex (AND my flanger hoax). it has most of a looper's bases that you'd want covered, well, covered...

ml

lv

Silver Supporting Member
Love the x-blender - works very well. Also like the wounded paw - the big difference between the two is the x-blender's eq is on the repeats, the wouinded paw's eq is on the dry signal. Wounded Paw is also a lot cheaper.

npfrs

the schism xv uses burr browns, has makeup gain, it sonically makes your fx sound better. does WONDERS for strymon's lex (AND my flanger hoax). it has most of a looper's bases that you'd want covered, well, covered...

ml
But can it do parallel/series (say, by turning the dry completely down and the wet completely up)?

akagilligan

Nice delay:D

Love the x-blender - works very well. Also like the wounded paw - the big difference between the two is the x-blender's eq is on the repeats, the wouinded paw's eq is on the dry signal. Wounded Paw is also a lot cheaper.

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
Please consider one more entry here:

the Pigtronix Keymaster

I've had one for about a month, along with their (Mission Electronics) dual-expression pedal. An additional little gift from Pigtronix is the ability to blend on the Line-level as well (and it has all the requisite line-transformers inside).

This is one seriously well-built device.
I cannot recommend it highly enough.

http://www.pigtronix.com/products/keymaster/

XLR and ¼” (bal / un-bal) inputs & outputs
Dual True Bypass instrument level FX Loops
Impedance Matching, all Analog Audio Path
Series / Parallel operation
Crossfade function with Expression Pedal option
10db input gain boost / 10db output gain boostXLR and ¼” (bal / un-bal) inputs & outputs

muddy

sure, but you have to return the wet signal minus dry from the fx, & use the vol knobs on ch's 1/2 as returns; ch 3 is the dry ch. that's the only trade-off from the wpaw (which uses bbrowns as well), but you get a MUCH more manageable size for a crowded pedalboard, which was a concern for me. AND, it's built like a tank, & sounds phenomenal sonically. honestly, i don't think you'd regret getting either one (though i can't say for sure), but both are a much better deal for what they provide than the x-blender. there is the stereo x-blender, but it loses the features/configurability that i like in the original, single ch model, AND, for a LOT more $$...

ml

But can it do parallel/series (say, by turning the dry completely down and the wet completely up)?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom