Xotic's BB Plus

nb_fan

Is the BB plus pretty much a BB preamp with an RC type clean boost in the other channel? Looked at the manual pdf, seems like the BB plus has more EQ options in the second channel. Does it still sound the same as the BB pre?

Soothsayer

(Paul)
Gold Supporting Member
Nice demos Tomo! I love the BB, looks like I am going to have to try the BB Plus now.

Jason Lynn

Nice. It sounds like it's got a focused upper mid voice. Is that just how you had it set? Would love to get your overall take on the pedal. Channel A and both together. I see you had the grit set halfway...a lot more dirt on the second half of that knob?

Tomo

Is the BB plus pretty much a BB preamp with an RC type clean boost in the other channel? Looked at the manual pdf, seems like the BB plus has more EQ options in the second channel. Does it still sound the same as the BB pre?
I didn't compare with the RC... but the BB plus has many choices from clean boost to heavy od... Small switch "Hard" for single coil.. "Soft" for HBs. B CH(left) has treble, mid, bass.. and A CH(right) has Tone control.

Tomo

brianf

So what are the differences between the 2 new models. Xotics web site only has a demo on the AC+. From the posters U Tube BB+ does seem to have more gain but that could be the amp.

the web site does not seem to show any dirrect comparison. The AC+ does sound very nice though.

brianf

lifeinsong

I didn't order it based on Tomo's video...I had already placed an order before I saw it. My purchase is based on comments I've heard from people I know that heard the pedal at the NAMM show. It was a huge hit at the show and is supposed to be even better than the original BB Preamp, which is already a pretty killer sounding pedal IMHO.

Tomo

Well, I'm dying to order one, but I haven't heard a "real" demo yet that convinces me to buy it.

Tomo - you don't seem very excited about this pedal, you seem to be holding back on your demo?

Convince me, tell me more, please.

Thanks.
Sorry about my playing! I am not trying to "Sell" just a demo playing the BB Plus. You can make your sound much better that I do. Imagine what can you do with the BB Plus. I didn't think anything very specific when I played this clips. Just want to share the tone so I played blues.

Thanks for watching!

Tomo

Trending Topics