Xotix EP or MXR Micro Amp Plus or J Rockett Sampson Max!?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by papersoul, Apr 29, 2016.

1. papersoul

papersoul Member

Hey guys,

First, I don't want to turn this into a thread about the EP and what is better out there, because I have tried and know about plenty of the EP3 pedals out there. I will just say that I love the EP.

That said, I have been using the EP in front of my master volume amps because it adds something I really like. I recently started using it in the effects loop where it has become one of my favorite solo boosts. Man it sounds killer for this purpose.

Enter the Rockett Max. A friend of mine recommended the Max because he said it is very similar but better, and is EQable. So I can better shape it into the amp. Does anyone know how this amp would work in an amp loop? I already over the EP there.

Enter the MXR Custom Shop Micro Amp Plus. This is my recent idea.
    I was thinking of either using the Micro Amp Plus into the front of the amp always on or use the EP there and start using a Micro Amp Plus in the loop to get me the same big solo tone I have with the EP, but with the added benefit of the active EQ!

Opinions on my ideas? I hope my questions make sense.

Thanks! I appreciate the help you all! :)

2. papersoul

papersoul Member

3. papersoul

papersoul Member

Bumping an old post of mine to see if anyone has an idea.

I like my Xotic EP in my effete loop for solos and always wanted something similar to the EP but with EQ, more tone options.