• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

XTS Preamp

stratguy23

So, where do you order these? I am not super knowledgeable, but is there a waitlist or batches of these? It seems awesome, and I think I want to get one to replace my current drives. Thanks!

brettmoor

Silver Supporting Member
I ordered mine straight through XTS. Sometimes they have some on hand, but I believe most are already spoken for. Barry will sort you out! Its so worth it

edgie

Barry and Greg are great to deal with and the XTS Preamp is a very well-designed pedal. No internal trimpots or any unnecessary switches.

Ed Reed

I use the Multi Drive the most but I'm working the Atomic in more all the time. For me, they both have more gain available than I need. I run both gains about 10:00 but it's nice to know it's there if wanted. I've had good results with both humbuckers and single coils. Just saying, I own a Cornish SS3, I much prefer the Preamp to it. In fact I'm thinking of selling the SS3 as I can't see ever using it right now.

Oh, and don't forget the Pegasus boost, I have it on 0 but it still adds volume and shimmer to the drives. I have a Klon in front of the Preamp, it boosts the Multi fine but the Klon is really my fat clean tone. I use the Pegasus boost to boost the Klon for clean solos, works very nice. So, my Pegasus is set to be after the Klon, Multi and Atomic as a solo boost.

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
LOVE the Preamp. I had a Precision/Pegasus dual pedal before and really loved it. I ended up picking up a Preamp for my LASD build and couldn't be happier. Greg & Barry really know their stuff and couldn't be nicer guys. Just hit up XacTone direct and they'll take great care of you.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
I wanna pick one of these up as an all-in-one solution for dirt going into my Germino Club 40 clean. I emailed XTS a couple of times, but haven't received a response. I'm tempted to grab the Bogner Red at the GC down the street!

Any idea how the two would compare?

Rumbeer

Anyone want to elaborate on the Multi-Drive side of this one? What kind of tones can you get out of it and can it do some nice smooth lead sustaining tones? Also can you stack the Multi with the Atomic? From what I see I dont think you can? Which is kind of a bummer in my opinion if indeed you cannot.

neverrecover

Anyone want to elaborate on the Multi-Drive side of this one? What kind of tones can you get out of it and can it do some nice smooth lead sustaining tones? Also can you stack the Multi with the Atomic? From what I see I dont think you can? Which is kind of a bummer in my opinion if indeed you cannot.
I just got my Preamp last week. I had been using the Atomic as my only OD for quite sometime prior to that. I'm blown away my the Multi-Drive, and my expectations were admittedly high. You can absolutely get smooth lead tones with plenty of sustain, with either single coils or humbuckers. It won't however do that super compressed liquid lead tone you hear some shredders using. I feel like the drive is voiced somewhat similar to the TS808 and variants I've had in the past but with no low end loss and no weird "false bass" type sound I had with another brand. My favorite tone with it thus far is having it set to a punchy drive that adds a lot of body and warmth without a hefty amount of gain or volume, just a tasteful amount of each. I run my amp just on the edge of breakup, maybe a touch more, and use pedals for a real drive. I've only done one show with is so far but it did not disapoint. I felt it sat exactly where it needed to in a live band mix. The Pegasus is great, it was a really nice surprise! Works as advertised with zero issues, and the fact you can run it before or after the drives is such an awesome option!

The only concern so far is that the Atomic circuit in the Preamp doesn't react like my stand alone unit did. I'm very familar with my different settings for that pedal with my guitars and amp, and when I use the Atomic with this unit I need very noticeably different settings to get similar sounds. The pedal still sounds wonderful and it's not any sort of a big deal, but I wasn't expecting that to be something to contend with at all. In any case, at this point I plan to use the multi almost exclusively except for certain parts. However I plan to use the Atomic for all the backline gigs I have to do, which aren't very many.

And you are right, you cannot stack the multi and the atomic at all. If the option was available I really don't think I would. I'd give it a shot of course but I don't think that'd be very usable sounds for me.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
I wanna pick one of these up as an all-in-one solution for dirt going into my Germino Club 40 clean. I emailed XTS a couple of times, but haven't received a response. I'm tempted to grab the Bogner Red at the GC down the street!

Any idea how the two would compare?

Well, I now have both pedals on the way, so I'll get to see first hand which works best for my setup.

Ed Reed

The Multi is my go to overdrive. I use it most of the time, works with single coils and humbuckers. To me, it's a great low(er) gain pedal.

Stack? No, unless you request the pedal made that way. They will do that if you want. I went with the "stock" configuration.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom