• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Xvive Memory Delay Modulation

jrockbridge

I’m a recent owner of an Xvive Memory W3 Analog Delay. At first, I didn’t think I liked the modulation. But, the more I use it, the more I like it. In fact, I’ve even turned down the delay and I’ve been using ONLY the modulation to dual amps in stereo. Wow! This thing is cool as hell. Anybody else like the modulation on this pedal?

From the designer, Howard Davis, “The modulation in the Xvive is more "lush" because it is a combination of amplitude and frequency modulations (tremolo and vibrato) phased to simulate a rotary effect. The XO has frequency modulation only, as does the DMM and other delay pedals.”

IMO the modulation does NOT sound much like a Rotary effect. But, when I get it adjusted subtle, it’s a great modulation effect in it’s own right. I’ve sold some great chorus pedals because I’m just not a fan of that effect (for me and my playing) but this Memory modulation is perfect for me. It’s like I bought a delay and got a bonus effect in the bargain.

Pedal Dan

The Island of Misfit Pedals
Yes... I love it!

I just got a rubberneck, so that’s getting the most use now but...

That Xvive is a bargain, and the 3005 BBD chips are stellar!

Coldacre

yeah the modulation is absolutely killer on that thing. better than any DMM that I’ve tried.

Big in Japan

Silver Supporting Member
I’m a recent owner of an Xvive Memory W3 Analog Delay. At first, I didn’t think I liked the modulation. But, the more I use it, the more I like it. In fact, I’ve even turned down the delay and I’ve been using ONLY the modulation to dual amps in stereo. Wow! This thing is cool as hell. Anybody else like the modulation on this pedal?

From the designer, Howard Davis, “The modulation in the Xvive is more "lush" because it is a combination of amplitude and frequency modulations (tremolo and vibrato) phased to simulate a rotary effect. The XO has frequency modulation only, as does the DMM and other delay pedals.”

IMO the modulation does NOT sound much like a Rotary effect. But, when I get it adjusted subtle, it’s a great modulation effect in it’s own right. I’ve sold some great chorus pedals because I’m just not a fan of that effect (for me and my playing) but this Memory modulation is perfect for me. It’s like I bought a delay and got a bonus effect in the bargain.
I had a similar experience. I loved the delay immediately, but found the modulation to be pretty annoying. Now I never run it without the modulation. I love that you can set the tempo of the modulation, so you can sync it or intentionally contrast it with the delay.

For my money, this is the best value in analog delay.

Trending Topics